Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 15:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/288/197
BF:
Progress: 11%
Question Hormones???

Ok I have a question for the ladies. It seems like the week before my Aunt Flo visits i can be all gung ho about a diet. It does not matter what diet. Then when the next week (during cycle) comes around i wont loose any weight (duh) so I will give up. Almost like i self sabotage.
I really want to lose weight and need to since i need to have my ACL repaired in my knee. But i cant seem to even lose 10 lbs. I dont know what to do?

I have decided this time that i will stick with my new WOE for at least one month so i can prove to myself i can do it. I need help i guess and encouragement.

I am not sure but could it have anything to do with my hormones that week before? Does anyone else have this problem?
Thanks,
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 15:36
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I think we all have ups and downs and talk ourselves into and out of diets many times before we decide what we want to be when we grow up.... (i'm 37 and just being a smart a*s)

And hopefully, at least for me, one day the right WOE and the determination hit at the same time and I am here and happy to be losing and feeling healthy and happy and full.

Why don't you just start a journal and try for a couple of weeks and see how you feel. Physically and mentally...

We are all here pulling for your success.

FYI - i'm down 100lbs from 12 years ago and finally getting close to my goal.

YOU CAN DO IT!