Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-07, 17:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/want to do CKD
Stats: 278/278/220
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know what the heck I am doing wrong here.

I am doing this diet very strictly (In my mind anyway) and in the first week I lost 10 pounds. Yay right?,...........WRONG, The next week I gained 4 lbs. back and then just yesterday lost it back down to the weight I was at when I lost 10 lbs. Then today, I get up, weigh and am back up again by a couple pounds.

I DONT GET IT!?!?!?!?

I dont know if I am eating too much salty stuff causing water retention or what. I dont feel any real difference in my clothes so I cant say that, yeah, its water and not fat.

I am about ready to get overly frustrated about this and just say screw it. I dont want to do this though as I have done Atkins before and did AWSOME. I want to lose a ton of weight but this is not going well compared to last time.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-07, 18:47
Sugar Free & Sober!

Plan: Atkins/maintenance
Stats: 186/155/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 67%

If youve done Atkins before, you know your weight will fluctuate. You want to take a weekly average. 10lbs is not bad. Thats good weight loss. Even if you averaged it out for 2weeks, thats still good. 5lbs a week is great. If you posted some of your meals, someone could come along and help you possibly find what might be the problem. Be patient. The weight will come off if your following the plan. At least thats what I keep telling myself......Good Luck
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-07, 20:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/207/195 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 59%

Weighing yourself all the time is not a good idea. Weigh a little less often. Make sure you are drinking enough water and in the end your net weight loss will be great. You are doing really well, if you think about it. Not every week you will lose, you just need to keep moving along and it will come.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-07, 22:44

Plan: South Beach (was Atkins)
Stats: 150/141/125 Female 62 inches
BF:Apparently
Progress: 36%

If you weigh yourself every day you are bound to get discouraged. I only weigh myself twice a month. At the most you should probably only do it once a week.

But once you've hit goal, daily weigh ins are a great idea.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-07, 22:55
elephant diesel

Stats: 292/275/220 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Your weight with fluctuate greatly from each time you weigh yourself. I use the scale to see if I am retaining water. It takes time to really lose and put on weight, it is probably you just retaining water.

Most of the weight lost in the induction phase is water weight for most people.

If you're doing things right as Dr. Atkins advices, it will work. Be careful of salt and such. Bacon stalls me, so I stopped eating it.. as I read it also stalls some other people on the forums.

You learn about your body and how you respond to different things. You'll adjust things about how and what you eat as you learn how you will respond to them. At least that is my personal experience so far.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-07, 23:56
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatArse
I am doing this diet very strictly (In my mind anyway)
If you're worried that you might be eating something that's stalling you, why not post a few sample menus, including how much of each food you ate? That way others can give you suggestions about specific problems, if they see any.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-05-07, 09:35

Stats: 162/137/135 Female 5'4”
BF:
Progress: 93%

I had a 4 month stall once so I know how extremely frustrating it can be not to lose and work so hard. Don't give up - just keep doing what you are doing and if you still don't lose, take a good hard look at your diet. I agree, posting a few daily menus here (and I mean everything) will help - we can spot things you might not realize will stall you. Hang in there and good job so far.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-05-07, 13:50

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 212/181/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I understand also, as I have gone up and down the same several lbs for a month. I finally weighed 2 lbs less, lower than any weight since I gained so much. I was so happy!! I agree to just keep at it, even though it can be discouraging. The only thing that has kept me going is thinking about the fact that I am doing this woe for life, for health, since I have some diabetes in my family. I feel much better and more energetic. Keep up the good work!