Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 22:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/153
BF:2 much for now
Progress: 0%
Default the best

What does eavh of you think is the best LC plan and WHY?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 04:55

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

If I were starting out again I'd go for CAD because it involves the least upheaval to your normal eating habits and you don't have to give things up (because of the reward meal). However I'm on Atkins which I think is good because of its proven track record ove the years.

Robert
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 05:16
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/249.6/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

I believe Atkins is the best plan. It is very specific about what to eat when. You can keep it very simple, just count your carbs. It has stages to see you through your weight loss journey and into maintenance. It cures your addictions through abstinance...IMO the only way to cure addictions.

The only flaws with the plan I think are that he makes and sometimes advocates fake foods. Our ancestors never had fake food to eat, and we should be very careful with those items.

Protein Power is a very good plan also, but I don't like how they show in their charts what candy choices you can get for your carb allowance. We should not eat candy at all! Sample menu including a slice of light toast for breakfast...that would set me right off.

CAD is definately not for me! I can't limit my poison (flour and sugar carbs), I have to eliminate them.

But we are all different and different things work for different people.

Beth
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 07:28

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

I don't think there is a *best*.. It varies.

I like Atkins because its strict and easy to follow. You can only eat this, and you can't eat anything else.. Makes it simple.
But I always end up doing a modified version of it because its so limited and it drives me nuts..=/

#5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 08:05

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I think the *best* plan is one that you can feel comfortable with personally and fits your lifestyle. If you pick a plan that you can't live with for the rest of your life, the chances of you sticking with it aren't very good. If you pick a plan that is too complicated or restrictive and you wind up getting frustrated with it, the results will be the same.
There are a lot of different plans out there. They all have in common that carbs, specifically highly processed, high GI carbs, are restricted to one degree or another.
Some people find that they need a highly organized plan to keep them on track. Others like a bit more freedom.
As with most things in life, "one size does not fit all".
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 17:46
Registered Member

Plan: No specific plan
Stats: 152/152/120
BF:

Thank you for this question I am learning which is best.

Isis
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 20:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/153
BF:2 much for now

Thanks indeed
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 21:07
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Good question, but you'll sure get some varied answers. Take Robert's answer, for example: he said CAD offers the least upheaval to normal eating habits. Well... not MY normal eating habits. I've always been a grazer. I don't enjoy big meals, so the idea of only having "three squares" and no snacking on CAD wouldn't suit me.

Protein Power is my favorite, and the one I'd recommend if someone was only going to read one book. It's strict enough to be highly effective, yet not quite as "tight" as Atkins. I also prefer the Eadeses emphasis on overall health as opposed to weight loss.

Just MHO, of course.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-23-03, 07:54

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

Personally I think schwartzbein is the best. She emphasisises health rather than weight loss and her plan includes lots of fruit and veg. Plus one can eat small amounts of wholegrains etc. Basically one can lose wieght on Schwartzbein by eating very healthy food and whenever one is hungry.

I hate CAD. I did it before and was always hungry. I think the reward meal just leads to binging in susceptible people (me!!!)