Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-07, 14:10

Plan: semi-low carb
Stats: 127/127/114 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default 8 days of gorging

and about 11 pounds later!

I could use a pep talk. Went off on a binge 8 days ago and can't get back on track. Each day since then has been disgusting.

I had a good day so far today, but now I'm thinking of the nachos and ice cream I had last night that I want again tonight.

Can't make a clean break from this vicious cycle to start again.

Totally blew it. I was so close to goal and then I got upset and started and haven't stopped.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-07, 15:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 455/224/200 Male 6-3
BF:
Progress: 91%

Keep eating, but get back to the right foods.

The low carb foods will keep you full and satisfied, and you will find it very easy to get back on track if you are full and satisfied!

Heck, even if you are going to overeat, eat the right LC foods!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 07:04

BF:
Default Thanks for your reply!

I really appreciate it!

Great advice. LC foods and then get back on track!

Thanks!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 07:38

Plan: My Own Mix
Stats: 185/185/150 Female 64"
BF:

Right here with you...

got sick back in November and everything went out the door...Gatorade and wheat toast with peanut butter were my sustaining foods.

My new outlook (for a couple of weeks now) is that I can eat as much as I want, but o-n-l-y- low carb. That way I don't feel like I'm "not" allowing myself anything. I can eat whatever I want, as much as I want, as long as it's low carb.

The sugars have really left me now, and slowly, I'm starting to cut back a bit on calories, asking myself if I really need ANOTHER slice of cheese. But that's taken a good couple of weeks!

BTW, this worked for me...2 weeks, lost 5 lbs. I'll take it, even if it was slow!

Best wishes!
If you need a buddy - pop into my journal! I haven't been there since November...but pop in every day to read new posts, etc.

Cheers!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 07:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175.0/132.2/135.0 Female 5'6"
BF:less than before!
Progress: 107%

athena,

I know I've posted to you before. I'm sorry your having a tough time getting back on track; been there done that....I finally just got myself back on track too a few weeks back before I did too much damage.

Looking at your last few menu posts in your journal, you have some pretty boring daily menus, ie: organic eggs and sausage, yet I also see a bunch of wonderful recipes posted in there.

Maybe you would consider cooking up a bunch of different meats like chicken breast, beef, etc. and snacking on those throughout the day. Don't worry about the calorie count. Worry about getting back into ketosis where your hunger and cravings will be back in control then slide back to your usual eating routine?
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 10:07

BF:
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by finngal
BTW, this worked for me...2 weeks, lost 5 lbs. I'll take it, even if it was slow!

If you need a buddy - pop into my journal! I haven't been there since November...but pop in every day to read new posts, etc.

Cheers!

I could use a buddy. Not familiar with how this works (registering, where to save info.?)

I've been trying to jump back into really low carb and low calories, but obviously it hasn't been working.

I think I'll try your approach to get back on track. thanks.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 10:26

BF:
Default Yeah, really mundane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily30
athena,

I know I've posted to you before. I'm sorry your having a tough time getting back on track; been there done that....I finally just got myself back on track too a few weeks back before I did too much damage.

Looking at your last few menu posts in your journal, you have some pretty boring daily menus, ie: organic eggs and sausage, yet I also see a bunch of wonderful recipes posted in there.

Maybe you would consider cooking up a bunch of different meats like chicken breast, beef, etc. and snacking on those throughout the day. Don't worry about the calorie count. Worry about getting back into ketosis where your hunger and cravings will be back in control then slide back to your usual eating routine?

I had been successful on it for a couple months, but longing for variety.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-24-07, 06:56

BF:
Default 14 lbs. in 10 days

I desperately need it to stop today.

Sure, I am probably elevated with sodium levels by a couple pounds this AM, but still... 14 lbs. in 10 disgusting days.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-24-07, 07:25

Plan: My Own Mix
Stats: 185/185/150 Female 64"
BF:

Hey there...

you're recognizing that you need to stop!! You can do this! I was right where you are now just a few weeks ago myself...it's not easy putting the bad stuff down.

Grab your water.
Stock up on LOW CARB foods. Think of all your favorite low carb items.
Eat as much as you want of them!
For me it was cheese, cheese and cheese...and lots of eggs, too. Five pounds down now, yes it was slow...but I would be five pounds up if it was more Pringles or Gatorade!

You can do this!

Click on my journal icon and pop in to let me know how you're doing!

ATHENA11

(Your own cheering section!!)
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-25-07, 10:06

BF:
Default thank you thank you thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by finngal
you're recognizing that you need to stop!! You can do this! I was right where you are now just a few weeks ago myself...it's not easy putting the bad stuff down.

Grab your water.
Stock up on LOW CARB foods. Think of all your favorite low carb items.
Eat as much as you want of them!
For me it was cheese, cheese and cheese...and lots of eggs, too. Five pounds down now, yes it was slow...but I would be five pounds up if it was more Pringles or Gatorade!

You can do this!

Click on my journal icon and pop in to let me know how you're doing!

ATHENA11

(Your own cheering section!!)

Thanks for the upbeat motivational message. Still on a path of disaster here. But, I'm taking tomorrow off work and planning to start three solid days, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to get me back on the right path.

Ugh!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 09:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 198/196/150 Female 5'6"
BF:no thanks!
Progress: 4%

Hi Athena,

How did your weekend go?? I'm in the same boat as you....I'm having a hard time since I dropped a good amount the first week of Induction. I don't know why I'm sabotaging my diet when all I can think about is how good it feels to see the scale numbers go down.

I'm fighting a chocolate craving for the past two days--I woke up this morning wanting to stop by the store on my way to work to grab a big hunk of chocolate, but I've managed to say "no!" Now the goal is finding something that will satisfy my sweet tooth without stalling me.

I see you're on meat and egg....I'm considering that as well until I can drop 10 pounds or so. I know we can all break the cheating streak and get back to business! Baby steps!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 09:30

BF:
Default squeek: thanks for the message

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek1971
Hi Athena,

How did your weekend go?? I'm in the same boat as you....I'm having a hard time since I dropped a good amount the first week of Induction. I don't know why I'm sabotaging my diet when all I can think about is how good it feels to see the scale numbers go down.

I'm fighting a chocolate craving for the past two days--I woke up this morning wanting to stop by the store on my way to work to grab a big hunk of chocolate, but I've managed to say "no!" Now the goal is finding something that will satisfy my sweet tooth without stalling me.

I see you're on meat and egg....I'm considering that as well until I can drop 10 pounds or so. I know we can all break the cheating streak and get back to business! Baby steps!

It's good to hear from people who are undergoing the same thing. Thanks.

The weekend went better, primarily because I'm with my family then. (During the week I live by myself, so I'm more prone to succumbing to urges.)

Meat and Egg was a great way to drop the weight. I highly recommend it. I need to have a plan to transition though. I'd want to add back in some foods.

So, my daughter was crying as I left Sunday, saying she didn't want me to leave and she wants to move down right after our house sells (hopefully this week). Tough.

I had low carb ice cream (Breyer's oreo) and then chocolate sauce. (not SF).

I've eaten more already today, but it's all low carb, so...

What do you think about a high protein chocolate bar? Would that stall you? I know it does for some people.

I've read other like a Lindt 85% square as a special treat.

I can completely relate about the sabotage. I was so pleased that I was beating these demons. The emotional eating is really bad.