Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 15:57

Plan: stella style, somersizing
Stats: 170/170/130 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Need carb counts for fast food

We are going away this weekend to the beach, and there are only fast food and boardwalk stands for food. We only have a small fridge in the hotel room. I am curious what everyone eats when they go out. (We hardly ever go out to eat.)

Thanks,
Dawn
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 16:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/191/125 Female 5ft 4in
BF:TOO/Mu/ch
Progress: 14%

If your by the beach then you may have access to places with lots of fresh seafood...Yum! Also from experience if you do try new places that aren't "atkins" friendly order a salad with a protein, chicken, beef, shrimp, etc. I now know to ask for dressing on the side so you can taste it first...I had an issue at a Thai restuarant.

Eating out can be great if you look for the right things and ask questions. Ask if things are served with sauces (which can have carbs) or how they are prepared. Don't be shy about asking for a substitution like salad or veggies in place of rice or potatoes.

Most importantly have a good time!! Your on a mini vacation! Enjoy it!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 16:25

Plan: Body For Life
Stats: 320/295/180 Female 67 inches
BF:too much thanks!
Progress: 18%

You can visit the websites of some fast food restaurants ahead of time - McDonald's, Sonic, and others have their nutrition info online. Or you could look here: Fast Food Info
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 17:06
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

dietfacts.com has a ton of nutritional info for all kinds of restaurants and with a push of a button it can be added to your fitday as well!!!

I dont know what beach you are going to but I know that in Santa Cruz and Monterey in CA there are a ton of seafood restaurants and its really easy to order. Atlantic city boardwalk in NJ also has a ton of awesome restaurants in the hotels.

I have at times been in a pinch and I have ordered a hot dog or sausage (If a burger was not available) and I would eat it with mustard without a bun. They can be a little carby, up to maybe 5 carbs so I try not to but in a pinch it'll be better than many other options. Some places even have sausage on a stick and its just that! You may want to pack a couple of Atkins bars and keep them in your purse as well if you need one.

Steak and salad, chicken and salad, bunless burgers and of course seafood (unbreaded) are usually great choices.

Enjoy!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 17:08

Plan: stella style, somersizing
Stats: 170/170/130 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the great ideas, I especially love the sausage on a stick! I hope they have that!! I will do some research tommorro before we leave.
Thanks again,
Dawn