Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 09:05

Plan: South Beach-esque
Stats: 194/159/140 Female 5'3"
BF:34% / 28% / 20%
Progress: 65%
Question Does your scale weight reflect last day's food, 2 days ago, what?

I'm wondering how quickly weight gain or loss (including fat percentage) tends to show up on the scale for most people... if you have the world's largest ice cream sundae, does that tend to show up the day after you've had it, two days later, what?

Any general rules of thumb you use?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 09:39
Registered Member

Plan: 6:00PM BREAKFAST
Stats: 282/234/202 Male 6 feet 5 inches
BF:24%/16%/6%
Progress: 60%

It shows right after the meal, and if I overate it would still be there when I weigh the morning after.

I know it is not a good practice ( or so *they* say) but I weigh myself at least four times everyday. I guess that is what it means to be obsessed.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 09:59

Plan: none atm. bfl mostly
Stats: 128/115/103 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 52%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcb
if you have the world's largest ice cream sundae, does that tend to show up the day after you've had it, two days later, what?
id say id put on weight (not sure bf% though) if i overbinge everyday for maybe 1-2 week (without exercise) and would imagine the number would continue to raise by time.

Last edited by dazzlin182 : Mon, Jun-14-04 at 19:03.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 17:32

Plan: South Beach-esque
Stats: 194/159/140 Female 5'3"
BF:34% / 28% / 20%

I should clarify that my question is meant to ask what day's food intake you look to in attributing triggers for a gain or loss. (Not *really* anything related to the world's largest ice cream sundae.)

For instance, if you notice that your weight's down a bit one day after not having eaten anything overnight, etc., etc., which day's food intake do you tend to relate that scale weight to? The day before? Two days before? (I'm wondering how quickly stored or burned fat really shows up on a scale.)
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 18:55

Plan: none atm. bfl mostly
Stats: 128/115/103 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 52%

ok now its getting bit confusing lol - ill get back to ya
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 19:15

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Ok, I'm not sure If I get ya but here goes. I friday morning weight was 163. I cheated fri night. My sat morning weight was 162. Today I was 164. So for me it was 2 days to see a gain.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 16:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/247/160 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 21%

I find I gain most of my weight 2 days after a binge. The morning after a binge there is slight weight gain of maybe a pound. However, 2 days after the binge (even if I am good the day after the binge) the scale will zoom up really high, say 3 pounds. Then, for some reason, it is very difficult to get that weight off for about 4 days, despite being extremely strict. So, essence, one sundae will punish me for a week.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 18:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 283/226/195 Male 6'0"
BF:

I agree, 2 days after seems to be my average. As quickly as it goes up, it seems to take twice as long to go back down. I usually shoot up 2-3 pounds within two days, then it takes 4 more days of being good to get back to where I was.

Sometimes it is worth it though
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 16:47
WONJ#3

Plan: 12 steps
Stats: 238/210/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%

The next day is usually ok...it's 2 days later that I can be up a few lbs...some of that I think may be water weight because the added carbs make your body hold onto more water....however...I know that if continued...it adds up...I know that I didn't gain 70 lbs of water....heheh