Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 09:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/208/164 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Pudgy Faerie's Story

Yes that is me: Pudgy Faery on the hill in the middle of no where. I am 37, married for 19 years (geeesh) w/ 2 kids - 17 and 11. The oldest one just graduated from HS.

I work during the school year ~ the High School and the rest of the time I am a starving Artist. I build Arbors, Trellises, Birdfeeders, etc. and sell them at Farmers Markets, Nurseries and gift stores. My business name has been known as "Faerieland Creations" hence my nickname now - The Birch Faerie.

I love to landscape - pretty much how I got into Garden Art. I made my own "pretties" for my yard and ended up selling them! My little spot here on the hill was sage brush and snakes 6 years ago. It is now home to a koi pond, shade trees, herb gardens and more. only one rattlesnake in 6 years - but I let the non poisonous snakes stay around. My yard has been one of my proudest accomplishments. The son that just graduated with four honors and seven scholarships (am I boasting??? ) raising that great kid is a huge accomplishment.

I also love golfing and dark beer - sometimes together. I have decided that I truly need to lower my golf score and the numbers of the dark beers.

Anyhoo.....the pudginess...I grew up tiny. A 110lb Ballet Dancer and Cheerleader. I had my children and lost weight after each one. But now the fat faery has visited me. (did she come disguised in a bottle of stout?) I did low cal. all year. Jogged all last summer. I guess for the Fun of it because I saw hardly any results. At the beginning of this school year - I started a new job - which was a little stressful and my oldest sister, ~ 400lbs, went into the hospital for a gastric bypass. I was called at work my in my second week there, only to be told her kidneys had failed, she was on a respirator and the outlook was grim. I immediatly broke out in shingles. Horrid things and had to be on awful meds one of which being prednisone and we all know what that does.

A week later I watched as my sister's ashes were sprinkled into a shimmering lake. I then promptly went into months of fog. Am I coming out of that fog now? I don't know. I do know I need to learn from her and her weight struggles. A good friend at work was Lcing, with great results. So here I am.

Tomorrow is my 14th day. I have lost 5lbs. My legs sure ache. I am telling myself I will start walking again this week - I haven't because of the crappy way I have been feeling.

I have combed this site....left a few of my own messages, been encouraged by some of your success pics, hope to meet a few encouraging friends too. Sorry so long winded.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 15:49
Fu Fu Kitty

Stats: 275/236/175 Female 5' 5.5
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hello and big welcome!
I enjoyed reading introduction.
I looked at your profile and noticed that you haven't read any low carb books. I was just curious as to where you're getting your information from on the Atkins WOE.
Here is a link to the Atkins website where you can find lot's of information. http://atkins.com/
While this forum and the Atkins website are very helpful, I would still suggest reading Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution. I need to buy another copy myself.
I think you have a very good flair for writing. Have you thought of starting a journal here?
Anyway, it was good to meet you.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 22:23
Memere to 4

Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

#4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 04:40

Stats: 247/246/130 Female 5 foot 2.5 inches
BF:47%/32.0%/22.5%
Progress: 1%
Default Condolences

I am sorry for your loss... my thoughts are with you.