Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Quick Meals & Snacks
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-05, 06:32
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%
Default FAST - low cal/fat for those who need it :) but meaty

I like to keep precooked ground beef in the fridge for quickies.
Sometimes when you feel like a filling meal but you need to watch calories....this tastes very lasagna ish and is filling.

-Chop and lightly sautee zuccini - either do it in butter for fatty yuminess or skip it and use the teflon pan. You can use spaghetti squash or eggplant instead
-warm your ground beef, you can either use nice fatty ground beef or drain the fat..water helps get even more out. Ground turkey is an option too but I think it's gross.
-Mix everything together with cottage cheese (I use 1%) and a liberal amount of tomato sauce - my favourite is RAO'S Homemade vodka sauce because there are only 6 carbs per 1/2 cup, and I don't need that much for a large serving.
-I've done it with chopped ham instead of, and mixed with the beef and it's delicious too.

This recipe is vague and open to interpretation and change Just a quick idea when you want something rich tasting. The cottage cheese I use is 1% fat... packs in a ton of protein and not a lot of calories. The Ingredients are all ready in the fridge (except the quick sautee zuccini) and just need to be warmed and mixed together. Increase veggies for a larger portion size.

Fitday: (for 1/2c cottage cheese, 1/2cup ground beef, 1/2 zuccini, 4tb vodka sauce)
Calories: 283
Carbs - 6
Protein - 31
Fat - 13

I have to say, I think fitday put a little more fat in my ground beef than there actually is.
Sponsored Links