Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 10:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins '72 HARD CORE!
Stats: 999/999/120 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default For those familiar with Olive Garden

Hey everyone! Okay, so I'm going to Olive Garden tonight for dinner...I THINK I should be okay. Let me tell you my game plan. I'm going to of course let our waiter/waitress that I need to have my entire meal delivered all together, including dessert. I'm going to try their new dish--Stuffed Rigatoni with sausage. I've been following CALP. Now, normally I skip carbs for my RM and have dessert instead and consider that my carbs, say like a brownie... Olive Garden has this awesome Chocolate Mousse/Cheesecake that I really want. My plan is to have my salad, then 1/2 of the pasta dish because it will probably be alot anyway, and then my dessert (the cheesecake). My drink will be water. I could easily take the dessert home for tomorrow's RM...can I have some suggestions from fellow CAD/CALPers? If you had these choices of food in front of you for your RM, how would you handle it? I SO appreciate your help!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 13:40
Registered Member

BF:

help...please...anyone...??? Dinner is quickly approaching.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 19:00
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi T-
sorry- I just got home and signed on after my RM.

I hope you had a good dinner.
Olive Garden is a great place for RM. The big salad is great. I would order a chicken dish with some kind of vegie as the side. My carb would be some pasta OR bread OR the dessert. The dessert is a carb- but so is the pasta. For me, I could not have a pasta dinner as my RM. I need more protein to balance out the pasta.
Please let us know how it went-
E
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 20:50
Registered Member

BF:

I could have done better, but I'm glad it's behind me now. I was kinda stressin' over the whole thing. Thanks for replying though. I saw alot of people viewed my thread, but nobody replied before I left for dinner.

When the salad came, I made myself a bowl with 1 garlic breadstick and set it aside until my meal came. I had 2 glasses of water. My main meal was a bowl of stuffed rigatoni with sausage--thankfully, not as big as I thought it would be. I ate my salad first and I ate my whole bowl of pasta PLUS the cheesecake/chocolate mousse I wanted... I ate too much and I know this. I could have packed half of the pasta and brought it home and ate the dessert. I shouldn't have had both, but I did. I left there uncomfortably stuffed, which wasn't my plan.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-07, 16:06
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Live and learn. You have to have lots of experiences to figure out what works for you and how to do it. You notie I try not to say "you should...." but to say "I would...." because we are all diffferent when it comes to food and bodies and our lives.
E