Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 07:09
Registered Member

Plan: basically still on induction
Stats: 152/155/140
BF:
Progress: -25%
Default introduction

Hello everyone. I am so glad to find this forum. I live in a very isolated area of Arkansas and I must travel approx 50 miles in any direction, to obtain information or products for low carb eating. I was doing well on this way of eating untill I had to go to California in December of 01 to care for my mother. In the three months I was there with her I reverted back to eating comfort food, carbs, carbs, carbs!
I have to tell you that although I gained fat and created
problems that I am now having to face with the Atkins diet, the experience with being with my mom and siblings during her dying process was precious and healing.
enough about me. On the forum, last night, I found other people with some of the problems I am facing and have already started on reccommended fix. So thanks for being here and I will 'go to school' on all of you until I have a question or problem that has not been addressed.
L Fesler
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 07:33

Plan: bfl
Stats: 180/185/150
BF:
Progress: -17%

You go girl
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 13:09

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

welcome! It's good to have you on board. Had you lost a larger amount of weight on LC previously? Or was your interest in the WOE always about your health?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 17:49
Registered Member

Plan: basically still on induction
Stats: 152/155/140
BF:
Progress: -25%

Razzle, I am on this diet mostly for health reasons. I can certainly stand to lose fat but I really want to have energy. How about you?
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 18:22

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care

Thanks for asking!

I've changed over the 16 months I've been LCing. First the effort was all about weight--I had crested 200#'s and was in women's size 20-22--and secondarily about just being disgusted with my sugar addiction, but when I saw the surprising end to a whole list of irritating but not-fatal symptoms (dandruff, tiredness, irritability, flatulence, night sweats, yada yada)...and as I realized I'm a slow loser no matter what I do ...I have shifted my focus more to health. I believe this will keep me on track longer, anyway--it certainly has made me saner about the scale! Thus, it was a good shift, and one I suspect a lot of us eventually make.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 19:17

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Greetings and welcome aboard!

I definitely agree that being with your mother in those last days was well worth the temporary diet backslide. We have to have our priorities and it sounds like yours are in order.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 19:24
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:

Hi L,
I'm so sorry to hear you lost your mum.
I know just how stressful that is. (Been there, lost both my parents.)
It is completely understandable that you would revert to "comfort food" at such a stressful time.
You'll be back in the LC swing of things in no time.
Good luck to you, matey.

Rosebud