Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 02:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/205/147 Female 73"
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Not quite got the hang of this....

Hi everyone

I've been on CAD for almost two weeks now. I did great the first 4 days - lost 2 1/2 lbs! but then TOM hit me and I rocketed up to 14st 7 1/2 lbs It is going slowly but only by 1 1/2lbs so far.

I just wanted to check a couple of things with you all. With RM's is it common to either hve carbs in the meal OR as dessert but not both? I'm wondering if thats where I've been going wrong - by having both. Sometimes my addiction somes screaming back at me and all I can do it reach for the bread

Also - can having only one CM or no CMs put you in starvation mode? So that when you do eat your RM your body holds onto it? I ask as I've only been having one CMs or none.

I know this is a slow, steady weight loss plan which is better for me cos then it stays off! but I'm just wondering if theres more I can do to help myself. My RMs have been pretty carb-loaded recently.....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 22:26
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/140/120 Female 5:4
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default hmmm

I think you should eat your second cm, it's not a good idea to go too long without food, for the reason which you already know, your body goes into starvation mode. also, I was wondering if you drink coffee or tea during the day?the reason I ask is that caffeine prompts the liver to release glycogen, which is the same as sugar. Do you get any exercise? do you find yourself very hungry at the rm? good luck, and hope to hear from you
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 10:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 297/264.5/180 Female 5'8
BF:3rd/attempt/toLC
Progress: 28%

HI there,

I vary each day with my RM sometimes I'll have rice and no desert some times I'll have desert and no carbs with dinner...there have been sometimes that I'll have a little bit of carbs (like shake and bake) with dinner and some desert aswell...your supposed to choose one or the other as long as equal...but not both

I would eat 2 CMS because but just be really carefull what your eating- check your salad dressing for hiddne cabs etc..

Hope things start going a little more smooth for you

Take Care and feel free to ask more questions!