Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 22:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 223/220/160
BF:
Progress: 5%
Cool got to lose this baby weight!

Hello to all of you! You are my inspiration! I can do anything, but usually need someone to push me or motivate me when it comes to weight loss. I hope this forum will do just that. My story is a common one: I have struggled all my life with my weight. Never truly obese, yet not comfortable with my self image. I became pregnant in Oct of 2000. I was naive to think that I could eat and eat and that it would all fall off afterwards. NOPE! I ended up gaining 50 lbs and have not lost any of it. I started Atkins last week, but fell off the wagon a couple days into it. I got back on it and am determined to stay at least through induction. This is a very restrictive diet for a carb addict like me, as well as someone with hardly any willpower to just say no to chocolate! We'll keep you posted with the progress...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 22:27
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/153/140
BF:
Progress: 35%
Talking welcome

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!! you are on the right track by getting back on induction. Try and get through the first two weeks and with the support and advice here on this site we are all behind you. Think about starting a journal it has helped me alot eslpecially those frusterating days when all sweets look good!!!!!!!! good luck to you
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-02, 16:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/196/155
BF:
Progress: 35%

I tell you at first I thought I was reading my own life's story. I was never really thin but what I would do to get back to those size 10 pants again! Well I guess we do know what I would do..lol... Anyway I really took for granted that I wasn't overweight until I really was. No matter how thin I was I was still "fat" in my eyes. Boy was I mistaken. I will certainly be here to keep you on the right track if you wouldn't mind helping me as well.

Ell...
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-02, 16:35
Registered Member

Plan: BFL
Stats: 150/145.5/125
BF:
Progress: 18%
Wink chocolate

although many recommend no lc treats during induction, if you really must or you feel you will quit, I recommend Mila's choc refrigerater fudge. That will satisfy any chocolate craving you are having... she recently posted the recipe in my journal, you are welcome there anytime. Good luck, we are here to support you.

Jen