Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 06:08

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 120/120/100 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Help Please!!!

Sorry to bore you with my symptoms but if anyone can offer any advice I would be sooooooooooooooooooo grateful!!
The pain from eating is excrutiating! I am already too thin so I have to eat. I have had every test known to man but no cure! Here are my symptoms:
1.MASSIVE intestinal bloating alone every cm of my intestines. So bad the other night I cracked a rib!!! I have donnatol (medicine) but it makes the bloating worse.
Possible food causes - balsamic vinegar, dairy - started using yogurt again, sweet and low, mayonaisse. These are the foods I recently added back to my diet. Needless to say, I threw them all out last night. Citric acid in jello, lemons or anything else also causes bloating.
The only way to get my stomach some what releived is to go for a 10 mile run on an empty stomach each morning.
I am down to being able to eat only tuna fish and vegetables. I am craving dairy sooo bad! Meats get "stuck" in me and can be very painful to digest. Would not even look at grains! I can tolerate a tsp of almond butter. I think I can eat eggs - I will know shortly - just had one for breakfast!
I would like to use the yeast fighting supplelments but due to their acid content they cause toooo much pain as well!
Again - sorry to bore you but does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 07:50
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

You might want to try wild oil of oregano (OOO). It is a natural oil that kills bacteria, viruses, fungus, parasites, worms and yeasts as well as a hot of other things in the body at the same time. At the same time it's an awesome anti-inflamatory and intestinal healer.

A warning...depending on how "unclean" your body is, you can experience flu like symptoms from mild to very severe and debilitating for 2-5 days. You take the capsules or liquid for 14 days, go off for 14 to allow your body to recover and then take it in another cycle or cycles as needed.

Here's some information on it.
http://www.wildoiloforegano.com/editorial.php

I purchase OOO at 150 mg. from swansonvitamins.com at a very good price.

Last edited by Zuleikaa : Fri, Apr-16-04 at 07:56.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 07:59

BF:

Thank ypu for your reply! That is very kind of you and I will take this!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 08:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/220/215 Male 78 inches
BF:36/28/20
Progress: 88%

JKMOM,

Your symptoms are very common in people with intestinal diseases and Candida. Follow the "Starting Diet" on my link below to the letter.

The sporogenes probiotic is absolutely essential for both constipation and diarrhea.

Be sure you take one Betaine HCL tablet with each meal. Acid is required to digest protein. Contrary to the popular belief taking Betaine HCL and the diet stops acid reflux.

Avoid anticandida drugs at first. The diet has a strong anticandida effect, and the combiination of drugs and diet can cause an excessively fast "die-off." This can make symptoms seem worse.

An assortment of red meat, chicken, fish and seafood with the acceptable cooked vegetables present the best approach. Tuna fish is a very poor choice because it does not have any omega-3 fatty acids. The Carlson's lemon flavored cod liver oil and borage oil are a must.

Please report back on your progress,

Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, IBD, IBS, Crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis & Candida.

Kent
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 08:19

BF:

You are a dream - thanks for your help! I only weigh 97 pounds - Imagine how i feel when people ask if I am pregnant!! Or how my ribs that are fractured feel! It is crazy - again thank you! What do you think of grapefruit seed extract? Is that the same as grapefruit?
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 08:22

Stats: 256/220/215 Male 78 inches
BF:36/28/20
Progress: 88%

JKMOM,

Don't take the grapefruit extract.

Kent
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 13:20

Plan: My Own
Stats: 240/213/152 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 31%

I take the betaine and oregano among other supplements (used to have simalar probelms) and they have helped a lot. I also recommend that you see a qualified nutritionist as she/he will be able to do tests etc to see just what is causing the problems. Mine is wonderful and the best money I've ever spent!
Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 22:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 197/175/130 Female 60.0
BF:
Progress:

hello, i am a very new member with very serious systemic candidiasis. i feel bad for you with the stomach agony you are going through. i have the same problem but i found a product that contains marshmallow root, papaya leaf, prickly ash bark, amylase, gotu kola, callulase and lipase. you should be able to pick it up at a good quality nurition store. this product has saved me so many times. i have acid reflux due to my candida problem. the stomach pain and burning feels like a heart attack sometimes, but this product takes care of it. i am following a very strict lc diet but some lc foods do trigger the acid. you should check it out!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 06:40

BF:

Can you please tell me the name of this product?
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 13:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 197/175/130 Female 60.0
BF:
Progress:
Smile

it is called gastro
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 14:41

Stats: 206/183/145 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi JK:

What do doctors say about your bloating?

Are you feeling any relief almost a month later?

How are you doing? Concerned Citizens wants to know