Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 00:31

Plan: none
Stats: 233/233/205 Male 71 inches
BF:22.8/22.8/18
Progress: 0%
Default how long till ketosis?

Hello everyone I am new to the atkins diet i have been on it for only 3 days now when i test myself with the ketostix i come up with a pink shade which says moderate 40. i was wondering how long it usually takes to get into the dark red and if i'm on the right track. i haven't weighed myself or anything yet.....also how long does it usually take for you to see weight loss? from my understanding what i read in the atkins book i can eat anything as long as i keep the carbs down to 20 a day max. tonight i ate 6 strips bacon, a steak, some salmon and some scrambled eggs with tuna. that should be ok right? as it is all 0 carb. i'm just not so sure because i don't wanna start off wrong so please let me know....oh and also is it ok to eat no sugar popsicles? it has 3 grams of carbs. sorry for the long post lol any help would be appreciated. Thanks
-Jason-
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 00:42
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default hello

You know you are in ketosis!!!! If it shows up on your ketosix as mod you are definetey in ketosis ....it is not necessary or desirable to make the stick turn dark red...this can indicate dehydration because it just concentates the ketones because your urine is more concentrated

You should be sure and include some low carb vegies like Atkins says...this will also help prevent constipation that can occur from just eating meats

For me I saw a weight loss after 1 week of 5 pounds. You know I'd wait a week to weigh and I am a compulsive weigher...because you don't want to be dissapointed if you haven't lost in the beginning while your body is adjustiong to your new fuel source....by 1 week you should see some progress.

I am unsure about the popscicles in induction maybe someone else can help me with this???

Well Congratulations on getting started