Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-06, 16:02
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/215/160 Female 65inches
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default ok, yet another question

hello all,

ok first sorry for the thousand questions i just need toknow im doing it all right?

ok i have been using fitday to track all my foods eaten during each day, and i feellike i've eaten tons but my carbs aren't getting near 20?? i think i hit 15 one day?? and calories only getting max 1000?? is this all ok?? yes 95% of my carbs are coming from veggies, i usually have raw, broccoli, romaine lettuce, fresh spinach, i usually add chicken steak at dinner, does all this sound ok? i think i've done too much reading and now am getting confused i've read that you need the 20g carbs and to keep calories up to help lose?? then read the opposite??

HELP!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-06, 16:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/185.5/125 Female 59 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

Can you please give us an idea what you are eating?
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-06, 16:35
Registered Member

BF:

Sure

Usually Have 2 Scrambled Eggs For Breakfast Or A Omellette With 2 Eggs, And Some Slices Of Mushrooms. Then For Lunch Usually A Salad, Spincah, Lettuce, Iceburg/romaine Broccoli, One Day I Had Tuna With A Tbs Of Mayo And Green Peppers, Dinner, Again A Salad Only Smaller Then Lunch But Usually Same Ingredients, Dinner Is Chicken Breast Baked Or Steak Broiled And Sometimes Some Sf Jello For Dessert. And I Drink About 100-120 Oz A Day Of Water, I Also Have Tea In The Morning, But I Usually Only Take Maybe 7 Sips Or So.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-06, 16:43
Registered Member

Plan: gen'l low carb
Stats: 164.5/150.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:29%
Progress: 31%

i think it sounds like you're doing great. and looking at your weight loss in the time frame you've been doing it, looks great too.

i have only been doing this for a month and a half or so. i have realized that there is such a huge learning period of listening to your body to find your zone. i'm stalled right now, so i am stepping up my workout, as my diet seems ok. i think it's just kind of watching, listening and tweaking as you go along.

but i think it sounds like you are progressing wonderfully
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-06, 16:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/185.5/125 Female 59 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

I would just have more protein at lunch and be sure to use a good full fat salad dressing. That should get your calories up....you just don't want them too low now because eventually, calorie counting may have to come into play and you need some room to move.

Best Wishes.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-06, 16:55
Registered Member

Plan: gen'l low carb
Stats: 164.5/150.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:29%
Progress: 31%

yeah, i was thinking that about adding meat at lunch too.

i found something on here that someone posted and i LOVE it. you mix a small can of tuna with mayo and add some shredded cheese on top. microwave it to heat it up and melt the cheese and then put it on top of your salad. it always makes me feel like i'm eating a tuna melt sandwich (and i don't even miss the grilled wonder bread!).
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-06, 17:45
Registered Member

BF:

THANKS GUYS, I WILL TRY ADDIN PROTEIN TO LUNCH I REALLY LIKE THE WAY THIS IS GOING, AS I FEEL I HAVE MORE ENERGY AND FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF, BUT AT MY WEIGHT ITS NICE TO SEE THE SCALE DROP ALSO THANKS AGAIN FOR THE SUGGESTIONS AND BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-06, 21:18
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Spinach, is good and so are the mushrooms and romaine. You can also add 1/2 a small avocado a day as they are also high in potassium you need (4 net carbs). Also if you cook your meats or fish save the drippings as most of the minerals are in those-- I use meat or bone broth to make soup and the pork lard to fry stuff in. All lard in the stores is hydrogenated!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-07-06, 00:17

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtrying30
ok i have been using fitday to track all my foods eaten during each day, and i feellike i've eaten tons but my carbs aren't getting near 20?? i think i hit 15 one day?? and calories only getting max 1000??

I lost 70 lbs using the 1999 version of DANDR. On page 226 of that book, in the last paragraph, he states "On the fifteen grams of the Induction diet you may have been..." So he intended for you to only be eating about 15 grams. If you're only eating the 3 cups salad plus all the fats (mayo, sour cream, cream, cream cheese, avocados, olives, dressing, etc.) then you will be hard-pressed to get over 15 grams. You're doing great! Your weight/inches loss and how you feel is the determiner.

Calories may or may not be a factor in your weight loss. Many people must (unfortunately) worry about calories. I did not. I lost all my weight without watching calories. I would not worry about calories at all unless you get to a point where you are not even close to your goal and have not lost weight for a month or more. Atkins intended the woe to be simple and easy. If you're sticking to it and you're feeling good, then you're on the right track.

Good luck to you!
freckles