Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Yesterday, 01:58

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Which is why I keep finding vegans who have come to this bizarre point of deciding as they continue to do. Yes, we should examine our beliefs so they continue to make sense. But that also obligates us to do something about it. If we find out what we think is true, is not.

But vegans seem to get to a terrible point where they hate life itself... and then don't retreat from it. They double down, which indicates less mental flexibility than the many more people who quickly find the downsides of the plan.

In fact, the very lack of vegan support for the restaurants was likely from the enthused support when people started out. Back in the day, I'd go to a vegan restaurant and find something. In this case, it was also respecting the friend's Buddhism. It was her way of paying respect to life. And I get that.

But a person who is not motivated with such conviction will decide they are in the mood for a burger. People online who look awful and so are probably still vegan are constantly trying to find animal food subs and two weeks later they have a new one.

None of them are hitting their craving. They always increase the nutritional yeast, I've noticed. For the B's. Are bacteria an animal?

I guess not
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Yesterday, 10:50

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Yeasts are living organisms with DNA chromosomes just like plants, humans and animals.

Yeast organisms reproduce, and of course they can be killed.

Nutritional yeasts are "inactivated" yeasts of the type used to bake bread and brew yeast. In other words, killed yeasts.

Some recent studies have determined that plants emit "screams"(too high pitched for humans to hear) when cut. They also seem to be aware of their own roots in relation to the roots of other plants.

Vegans insist that plants are not sentient because they have no brain and therefore can't feel pain... and yet they seem to have some kind of awareness - that they've been cut, that these are my roots, and those are not my roots.

Plants also seem to react to different types of music - favorably to some types of music, not favorably to other types of music.

But if plants react differently to different types of music, are somehow aware of cuts and their own roots as well as the roots of other plants (despite not being sentient), then surely yeasts can also sense that they are multiplying, or that they're being "inactivated" (killed) to make nutritional yeast. After "inactivation", they're dead, the only thing that remains is the DNA and chromosomes of the nutrients they held.

I can only imagine the angst if vegans accept that plants and yeasts might have some kind of sentience, even at a very rudimentary level.
  #18   ^
Old Today, 05:59

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
I can only imagine the angst if vegans accept that plants and yeasts might have some kind of sentience, even at a very rudimentary level.

But because veganism has no scientific support, and thus, a belief system -- exposing it as a fad diet kind of thing -- they will simply come up with excuses why they "still are not animals" as more and more evidence of what life is comes up, over and over.

Sadly, they are telling us a lot about a healthy diet, but they don't have to do it this way.