Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 09:35

Plan: Cad
Stats: 242/121/175 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default 3 weeks down now on CAD

The reason I returned to CAD was because my last 2 blood tests show I am a pre-diabetic, some people call it borderline diabetic. Haven't seen my doctor since the last test but nurse told me to reduce my carbs. I did CAD several years ago for probably 2 years and absolutely loved it, at that time I was trying to lose weight and after the first 10 lbs I never lost after that. Always assumed I ate to much but I felt great and loved having that one meal where I could eat carbs. Again, after 3 weeks on CAD I am feeling good, and will follow up with another blood test soon. Still am not balancing my RM's very well, which is probably why I don't lose the weight, but at this point, I am a size 18 and feel good so at 59 years old, that might be just the way it has to be for now. I just was laid off at work so maybe I can get to walking again which will help even more.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 13:26

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi Tinkermore,

Welcome back to CAD. I am sure your blood work will show an improvement next time you have it checked. CAD is such a livable program.

Gotta run and get back to work.. Have a good day and post often.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 15:10
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi T-
welcome back. There is a lot of great info on diabetes on this site- a special area in the health section. Of course the Hellers address this too.
E