Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-01, 07:06

Plan:
Stats: 190/190/145-150
BF:
Progress:

ok....now i'm not being impatient! just curious because i don't know if i expected too much too soon. i am on the atkins diet...going thru induction...today makes 7 days of my induction (since last wednesday)...I have not cheated....i eat sugarfree jello and whip cream if i need a snack (only 2g of carbs in each)....i lost 6 lbs as of 3/31/01...which was saturday...but i haven't lost a pound since. i'm drinking my water....i have not cheated...sooooo.....should i be discouraged??? i eat 3x per day....i've fallen in love with taco salads....one per day....the rest is only meat or eggs.....so for all you veterans out there....please give me your comments...

thanks a bunch!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-01, 07:50
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/185/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 55%
Smile hi Brooke

You're doing very well for Induction sweetie. Don't get discouraged, okay?? It isn't really a stall until 4 WEEKS, not 4 days. It's very likely that your body is re-composing itself a bit .... getting rid of excess water (only initially) and then FAT, but gaining some MUSCLE. In Protein Power, the Drs. Eades explain that this often happens when a person has been eating a diet high in carbs, pasta, bread and junk ... deficient in quality proteins and meats.... When you start feeding your body what it REALLY needs, you'll go through a period of adjustment where the fat comes off, but muscle tissue is built up with protein, which you are FINALLY consuming in adequate amounts. And a lb. of muscle is SMALLER than a lb. of fat.

Keep track of your measurements with a tape, and use this as your FAT LOSS guide for now. Worry about the scales later. It's normal for a lot of folks to stay "stuck" at a certain weight for days, then WHOOSH, off it comes and a few lbs. more for good measure (pardon the pun .. ).

And congratulations on the weight loss so far!! Yer doin' great.

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-05-01, 10:38
Pending Member

Plan:
Stats: // 7
BF:
Progress:

Hang in there Brooke!! I had the exact same problem. In fact,your comments sound like they were written by me!! I'm going on my fourth week & have lost around 10 lbs. If you're like me, your weight will come off in clumps! Take all the great advice that you'll get from all the fantastic people in this forum.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-05-01, 15:13

Plan: protein power
Stats: 190/150/145
BF:
Progress: 89%
Question hmmmmmmmm.....

okay brooke.....gonna ask this one without sounding too gross but......

could you maybe be bloated because of your constipation and that may be where a LITTLE of the "stall" might be coming from?

i could be wrong, but i read both of your posts that were right next to one another and just thought that might be related.....

oh------another thing.....don't be embarrassed-----i have the EXACT same problem!!!!!!....i take my supplements in the morning and then around midday i take my fiber (Fibercon tabs). take them apart so i do not flush out any of the nutrients that my body needs from the supplements with taking the fiber....

let me know how you're doing with that!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-05-01, 17:01

Plan:
Stats: 190/190/145-150
BF:
Progress:
Default thanks!

thanks all!!!! ok....as of today...which is thursday...i still haven't lost a pound...its my 8th day of induction and i'm still at 6 lbs of loss since saturday. i thought about that constipation thang and thought maybe that is why i haven't lost any weight. i drank a strong dose of herbal tea that's sole purpose is to help me go "you know what"...and guess what!!!! that didn't work!!!!! i have to read my other thread so that i can print out all the advice!!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-05-01, 17:43
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/185/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 55%
Talking weight begone!

Ok Brooke, I'm going to squeeze my eyes shut tight, and wish for a big WHOOSH to happen for you .. .. figurative or literal .. **LOL** .. I shouldn't laugh, actually I empathize ... lots of water, and a big raw spinach & mushroom salad will do it for me, I think all that fiber in the spinach does the trick.

Good luck

Doreen
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-05-01, 19:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%
Thumbs up

Darn those bm's Brooke. I was the other person that Doreen was referring you to on another thread. I too started to get plugged up for a few days.

I am back to being normal again thank God.

I went into eating leafy salads and doubling up on my water. Seemed to do the trick for me.

Good luck getting back to normal.

Wendy

(when seeing the new pic here of me...I keep smiling to myself as I look like Im ready to punch someone out..hehehe...On the bigger version before dropping it down in size, you could see me giving the thumbs up LOL)