Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 13:35
lizzy38

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Smile

Hello there;
Here I am lizzy38, and at last I am starting to get into this posting bit.
Well I started the Atkins way of eating about two weeks ago. I have lost 9 lbs. and some inches. I am fitting into some of my petite size 14 jeans and dress pants without it feeling snug. Last week caught a bug that went through from sore throat, head feeling like it was going to explode. Still feel nauseated, no appetite and no taste. I'm still keeeping with the woe though and drinking water and my favourite club soda. I thought that I would be happy to get down to a size 12 but what the hay if it gets a little lower that will be ok to lol. I have two dogs that I take to our Provincial park for walks through the trail almost everyday weather permitting (rain). The only thing I have to get back too is the gym as boy oh boy I do need a lot of toning and firmming. Actually did a little modeling for a spring show at one of our local stores (Suzzanne's) this past Sat. and sure enjoyed it Got a great outfit out of it and decided to get another to after all it was balloon popping day and couldn't resist the discount. When I came home went through all my wardrobe and discarded many items for the thrift store. Got myself a pair of stretchy pants and forgot how comfortable they are. I bet I go back more years than you guys when it comes to stretchy pants. We used to put ours on damp and wear them lol, those where the days my friends as the song goes.
Wonder if any of you know anyone near my age (63) who has been on this and if the weight comes off even slower. They say sometimes the older you are the slower the weight comes off. I still won't give up and I can't because except for this bug I feel good and another reason Wendy will kill me (gotta love that gal) I enjoy reading all your postings and replies,and Tina you sure look great.......
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 15:11
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Lizzy,

I would say that 9 lbs. in 2 weeks is a fantastic result so I wouldn't start worrying about that age thing yet

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 18:17
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Smile hi Lizzy

Wow, 9 lbs ... that's great! I'd like to lose 9 lbs in the next two MONTHS, and it will be a struggle.
You're so right, exercise really is key....

I'm right with ya on the cold-flu bug too. My gut has settled down, but head is still plugged up. Can't taste anything, so cooking is a lot simpler -- no sense making some elaborate recipe if you can't enjoy it, so plain meat and veggies it is.

Take care, and here's to more lbs off in the near future..

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 19:08
lizzy38

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Wink Hi Doreen

Thanks for the reply Doreen. I'm the same as you, no taste buds. My throat is still sore too and I'm just hoping that it doesn't decide to go to my chest as I have asthma. By the way haven't had hubby's cholesterol checked lately as he decided to eat what I eat. He does cheat once in a while with multigrain toast with raspberry jam and peanut butter, but it is rarely that he does. He isn't really over wieght but he was retaining water since his bypass and that is gone. All the doctor was giving him was water pills and it wasn't working also he is a a/c and refrigeration mechanic and says he had heck of a time running up and down from roof tops or other places to go all the time. I took him off the water pills and the potassium pills also and he even feels better and more energy. We eat at least between 3 to 5 servings of veggies with our meals and he isn't even bugging for desserts lol. With his cholesterol problem can he still have the odd dessert within reason and what about potatoes or rice just for him? I find the rare time he does have a mulligan or whole wheat toast with raspberry jam and peanut butter, something he has always liked. I thought I would miss the pasta but funny I don't really. I do get the odd spoonful of peanut butter and slowly nibble at it. I have sort of turned away from my morn. one cup of java, but wait till the bug is over and it may come back. I only drink one cup in the morn. and sometimes don't finish it, (no sugar) My real weakness is cappuccino no sugar, with skim milk, but love cinnamon on it and I mean cinnamon. I'm thankful that I inherited the good cholesterol that my body makes. The only meat that still gives me cramps is beef and so we eat very little of eat, chicken, pork, me love fish and extra lean hamburger for meatballs with spaghetti squash. Hope you get better soon too........and you will lose the weight and inches just keep on going with the woe and I'll check in on you every so often lol
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 19:24
lizzy38

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Smile Hi Karen

Got a look at you recipes and my printer started going. We'll have to come down to the restaurant as I haven't been down your way since I moved from Burnaby to Aldergrove. Oops fibbed was down there 2yrs from this summer when a couple of my daughters came for a visit on my birthday. Have to admit I'm a small town gal and don't seem to like the city life. This transit strike should be a nightmare especially when the other half has to come home from the core of the city downtown. There will be some late dinners for us for awhile I'll tell you.
Take care;
Lizzy
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 20:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/147/107
BF:
Progress:

Good going, Lizzy, down 9 lbs. already! I am nearer your age than Wendy's (lol), and it isn't coming off that fast for me! Atta girl!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-01, 21:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Thumbs up Hi, Lizzy!

Way to go, 9 pounds in two weeks is GREAT! And a model, too!! I'm like Doreen - if I can lose 9 pounds in the next two MONTHS, I'll be happy.

I know what you mean about those stretch pants - funny, I was just thinking this morning how I hardly ever wear my jeans anymore - even though they fit, they still feel tight.

Keep checking in, let us know how you're doing!

Rachel
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-03-01, 08:31

Plan:
Stats: 203/122/128
BF:
Progress:

Thank you Lizzy

9lbs in 2 weeks? Wow your a lucky duck Congrats on your choice to make low carb your woe Keep posting and let us share in your journey