Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-10, 23:53

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

Hahah. I don't drink often, but I really wanted alcohol tonight. I just didn't want to be the lame chick at a bar alone. I don't keep alcohol in the house.

And yeahhh it's fatter. I've been on this site since 2004 when I did LC the first time (went from 242 - 166, but it was an off and on thing). This time around I've stuck with it for 7.5 months straight, so I figure I'll actually make it to my end goal this time.

And btw, you sound libertarian.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-10, 23:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 144/139.6/110 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 13%

I am SO smart that I know wtf libertarian is!? NOT!? You should go buy booze, and drink with me! LOL. I ma a very very good drinking buddy.

BTW- (and I know I do too many BTWS), You have really low self-esteem, it seems. But your sooo pretty? I don't get it.
  #108   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-10, 00:03

lol I live in Georgia. We're not allowed to buy alcohol after midnight.

I kind of have low self-esteem and kind of don't. It's weird. I've got really high self-esteem in nearly every area other than the way I look. My self-esteem regarding my looks used to not be this bad. My relationship with my husband has kind of killed it. *Note: I'm not losing weight for him at all though. He'd act the same toward me regardless of my weight.

Thank you for the compliment though!
  #109   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-10, 00:08
Registered Member

BF:

--I am the same way...I couldn;t gie a fu%^ less what other ppl think; BUT I am SOOOO very hard on myself. My fiancee would like me to be heavier bcuz he wouldn't have to worry as much about me cheating. (His words, not mine.)

We're so different that you couldn't even compare us. The one thing that rings true is that he loves me to death, quite literally. What are the issues with u and ur hubby, if u don't mind?
  #110   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-10, 00:19

Ahhh I don't even know where to start. We don't really get along anymore. He's very consumed with himself and is too busy with his own stuff to show any concern or interest in me. This is TMI, but we don't have sex. It's really rare. He doesn't even try, but I know he's doing stuff "on his own" so to speak.

Weight loss-wise, after an incident when I tried to quit smoking in 2007 (and thus gained some weight) and him making a comment about how unattractive I was... Let's just say he's never made that mistake again. HOWEVER he makes no comment about my weight loss whatsoever. He flat can't tell that I've lost weight. (You've seen my pictures-- My starting picture next to the most recent one... Even I can tell a huge difference and generally I can't tell when I look in the mirror.) He did go so far as to try to point out women on TV that looked about the size he would like me to be, without directly saying anything negative about the way I look. Yes. He spent a good 30 minutes point out women on TV that I should strive to look like.

It really takes every ounce of willpower in me not to cheat on him. :/ We don't really talk much. We haven't told each other we love each other since I think February. It's pretty bad. And I can't make him care, so I gave up. He's a really good dad at least, so I still around for my son. We're good enough at appearing okay around our son.

Anyway, that's just the icing on the cake of the issues.
  #111   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-10, 00:25
Registered Member

BF:

OMG. Missa, I am so sorry you have to deal with BS like that on a regular basis. Let me just say he would completely deserve it if you did....

I have been in this predicament (not a "you should be better", but a complete apathetic attitude as to whether I even take a shower or not!?) I will tell you that I think you should A: do something about it right now...before it gets worse or any more anger is harversted ...B--LEAVE HIS SORRY ASS..let him see what it feels like when you put ur foot down.

Just please don't waste any years of your life being unhappy; it is too fleeting. Also, staying in it "for the kid/kids" is a farce. I am so sorry your husband is sucha complete effing douche. A 28 yr. old friend of mine just passed away.....his life is gone in an instant.
  #112   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-10, 00:28

Oh and you know my birthday is Monday. He didn't want to have to spend any money on me for my birthday. So he asked what I wanted that didn't cost anything. So I told him to clean the house. And he's been doing that (like a couple things a day) because he doesn't want to spend money. Same with birthday dinner. Refuses to pay for dinner, so I'm using my gift card that I won for the Melting Pot.

Christmas... I highly doubt he'll get me anything. He didn't get me anything for birthday or Christmas last year either. And it's not that I want STUFF... It's just that I want to be cared about enough to be worth stuff. If that makes sense.

My birthday is gonna suck again. A couple birthdays ago he decided to scream at me on my birthday. (He hasn't done that in over a year though. So progress there.) He and I were actually separated when I found out I was pregnant. I subsequently lost my job when they found out I was pregnant (supposed to be illegal, but they did it anyway)... so I had to come back.

As long as we avoid each other, we're okay.
  #113   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-10, 00:30
Registered Member

BF:

That is ridiculous. U know you are better than that, right??
  #114   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-10, 00:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkkeen
OMG. Missa, I am so sorry you have to deal with BS like that on a regular basis. Let me just say he would completely deserve it if you did....

I have been in this predicament (not a "you should be better", but a complete apathetic attitude as to whether I even take a shower or not!?) I will tell you that I think you should A: do something about it right now...before it gets worse or any more anger is harversted ...B--LEAVE HIS SORRY ASS..let him see what it feels like when you put ur foot down.

Just please don't waste any years of your life being unhappy; it is too fleeting. Also, staying in it "for the kid/kids" is a farce. I am so sorry your husband is sucha complete effing douche. A 28 yr. old friend of mine just passed away.....his life is gone in an instant.

Oh yeah, I'd totally leave him. Really he is a good dad, but I'd leave if my ducks were in a row. I'm in a 10-month unpaid internship in order to complete my graduate degree. I'm 2.5 months into it. If I don't complete it, I can't graduate. If I can't graduate, I can't support my child on my own. The plan is to financially prepare myself first, because I absolutely refuse to allow my child to suffer more than necessary in the process. Hopefully that makes sense.
  #115   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-10, 00:36
Registered Member

BF:

Makes complete sense. Sincerely, though, don't find yourself in a 50-year marriage you wish you had gotten out of. Get your sh!t together....make ur move. The stay of an unhealthy relationship won't benefit a child ~ all. But lack of funds will, so i understand you wanting to finish school.
  #116   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-10, 00:38

I planned to get my PhD, but I'll put it on hold if I need to because I can get a decent job as a licensed professional counselor at a master's level. I'm glad you get it, though. A lot of people tell me to leave regardless, and I think that would just compound on my current stress level and I might crack up or something.

But it'll all work out in the end, I'm sure. Just putting in my time now! Haha.
  #117   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-10, 00:41
Registered Member

BF:

Yeah. Only you knows what works. I just hate to see women let men take advantage of them. My best friend, my sis, has let every guy do that to her. She still doesn't get it. It's enraging to me because I love her.

I ALWAYS wear the pants! :-) Anyway, I'm gunna call it a night. Thanks for talking to me, Missa. I hope I will tlk2u 2morrow!
  #118   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-10, 00:42

Have a good night!!