Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-14-07, 08:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/137/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default Bow Flex

I am thinking about buying a bow flex. Is it any good? Its very expensive and I really dont want to waste money. My goal is to tone and firm up. I am not as concerned aboutlosing weight now but really to be fit. Any comments please.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-14-07, 09:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175.0/132.2/135.0 Female 5'6"
BF:less than before!
Progress: 107%

We have a Bowflex Ultimate 2; it's their biggest system they sell. It is pricey though; I think it was about $3500.00 with shipping. I do like it and do use it. My husband broke one of the 50lb bars and they shipped us a new one 3 days later. I like that we can do a million different exercises on it; however, we still use free weights for some exercises.

HTH
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-15-07, 19:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 350/260/220 Male 72
BF:50%/22%/18%
Progress: 69%

I bought a Bowflex Extreme 2 two years ago. I have been really happy with it. It has been easy to consistantly work out with it a few days a week. I have had gym memberships and after a few months stopped going. I had a plastic knob break on me and they had a new one shipped to me the same week the customer service is unbelievable. I have had good luck with mine.