Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 09:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/146.0/135 Female 64 in
BF:38.5/31/20
Progress: 62%

Before LC

b- luna bar and glass of milk during week, huge breakfast, with eggs, biscuits and sausage or sometimes pancankes on weekend
l- lean cuisine
s- diet coke and hersey bar with almonds
pre-dinner- anything I could find at home, I was starving
d- meat, veggie, rice/potatoe/or pasta.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 09:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 141/110/110 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Oh, boy, this is ugly. lol

Breakfast
Huge bowl of cereal, buttered toast, or a PopTart

Lunch
Sandwich with Miracle Whip, cheese, with strawberries, tortilla chips, & salsa. Chocolate milk.

Dinner
A bowl of pasta the size of my head with tons of olive oil & parmesan cheese. I craved this every single day. Oddly enough, real pasta is something I haven't had since before starting Atkins in the summer of 2001. The cravings seemed to stop the week I started low-carbing - isn't that bizarre?

Sheila

Last edited by doreen T : Thu, Apr-22-04 at 09:39. Reason: advertising and promotions are not permitted.
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 09:52
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Thought I would share what I just typed in my journal:

I was craving a pb sandwich..so I made it on arnold lc bread, the carb option pb and my 50/50 blackberry jam... and one cup..litterally a cup...of the low carb milk.

Net carbs for the sandwich and milk: 18!

But putting it into perspective, I logged a peanut butter sandwich non low carb style with a cup of regular milk,and it was 52 net carbs! 34 carb difference....And I probably would have had 2 sandwiches, and 2 cups of milk total..cause that is a pretty small glass.. LOL.. so realistically it would have been: 104 carbs and I probably would have thrown in some chips with it too... lets see....... that bumps it up to: 131 carbs, 1100 calories just for one meal.

Sometimes now that is my whole days worth of calories, and about 4-5 days worth of carbs! LOL! IN ONE Sitting!
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 09:58
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

I was hungry.
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 17:35
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Ohhh man. It was a potato fest then.
Brekki=eggs,fried taters
Lunch=chicken fingers dipped in honey mustard and a LARGE fries
Dinner=baked potato,some kinda fried chicken

I was not a soda drinker what so ever. That began with this woe. Go figure.
Back then all I drank was ice tea all dang day. Water? Shoot, maybe when I was sick. Salad? HAH, only if it came with a dinner at a resteraunt. Fav sanwhich back then? Uhg, peanut butter on 2 slices of white bread with plain lays chips crushed inbetween... OK, enough. Makin myself ill just thinking about it..
Angel
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 15:08

Plan: my own thing
Stats: 116/109/110 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 117%

breakfast:
serving of Grape Nuts cereal with one or two pieces of plain toast

snack: banana with peanut butter

lunch: sandwich (whole wheat bread, lettuce, deli meat, mayo)

dinner: big plate of pasta w/ one or two pieces of bread

late night snack: more Grape Nuts
  #67   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 22:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/247/175 Female 5'10
BF:39/36/24or less
Progress: 28%

Before I started Atkins (as an officer) my typical day was as follows:
Breakfast: HA not on your life I never got up before noon
Lunch (breakfast): balogna on white with mirical whip
Dinner (at work): Rush to get to starbucks before the first call comes in! Get huge moca! yummm later meet the guys for dinner at the happy teriaki, Denny's or the like (pray for no calls so you can finish just one hot meal)
Late snack: The bell lol only thing open after 2am

After the knee injury It was kinda a grazing thing....just what ever all day long. Chips take the kid to McD's super fry with tartar and katsup big ol burger. Ice Cream and the like.

Funny thing...I dont miss a bit of it (other than work).
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 01:08
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Everything and anything in unlimted quantities. I would literally eat until my stomach was so full it actually was hurting.

If I took my kids to Swiss Chalet for takeout (when we lived in Toronto down the street from a SC takeout place) I would order my chicken dinner with 2 extra servings of french fries. I ate extras of everything. No wonder I got to almost 400 pounds.
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 01:20
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen
Totally!

It looks like the bunch of us could of drank a 7-11 dry!

Karen

I sure could have. When I lived in Stratford I would head out everyday to get 2 HUGE slurpees...even in the winter. People probably thought one slurpee was for my oldest son who was with me then and age 4 but no..both of them were for me. He had his bottle of pop and we also brought back bags of chips and corn dogs home and then ate there. This was our routine every morning.

In the evenings I lived 4 doors down from a little variety store (privately owned) and I would go get chips, RC cola and chocolate bars for us to eat while watching tv.

Dinner was usually KFC.

Man we ate so badly then as compared to now. I am lucky my son isn't 500 pounds. He is 6 feet tall now and 155 pounds and very healthy fortunately
since I changed our WOE completely when I found Atkins in 1998.
  #70   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 04:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

Wow, let's see...

Breakfast was usually always a can of coke, with cereal and milk - or whatever was in the fridge from teh night before.

snack was chocolate, chips, candy, popcorn, whatever was on my desk that day - and a LOT of it.

lunch - ate out A LOT - buffet chinese, olive garden all you can eat breadsticks and soups, japanese, burgers with fries adn shakes, usually a massive lunch

snack - again whatever junk food was on my desk, and another coke or two

supper - huge servings of spagetti and meatballs, or chinese food, or rice - tons and tons of rice with lots of bread. Along with icecream, cakes, cookies - whatever was in the house.
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 09:23

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

I had 2 kinds of days before getting my cravings under control with LC and OA ----

If I was not counting WW points:

Pint of B&J ice cream
2-3 oz Nerds candy

More candy

Fast food combo
Large Pepsi

More candy

Full-course dinner at home or in posh restaurant with dessert

1/2 - 1 pint ice cream
More candy or donuts

If I was counting WW points ----

Oatmeal with whipped PB and Splenda

Salad with 0 point dressing or 0 point soup

Ditto lunch

1 pint B&J ice cream, donuts, pancakes, whatever...

I am coming to see that my binges were not as frequent when I was not counting points... I just never stopped eating! I was a grazing bovine!
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:32

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

Breakfast was usually a toasted bagel with sausage, eggs, and cheese from Dunkin Donuts... OR I'd eat 2 cups of white rice along with something meaty like caramelized pork or curry chicken.

Lunch was usually the rice dish from above, or a bowl of Pho (Vietnamese chicken noodle soup), or a bowl of vermicelli with grilled pork

Dinner was usually 2 cups of rice and more meat stuff.

I didn't think I could give up rice, to be honest. I grew up on rice. I thought about rice this and rice that all the damn time

Seri
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 12:32

Plan: Atkins, low cal
Stats: 150/116/117 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 103%

I once ate an entire entemanns cheese danish cake... anyone care to venture how many carbs is in that? haha
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 13:09

Plan: PPLP
Stats: 181/171/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Weight gain phase:

Breakfast:

Usually nothing, maybe an Eggo waffle or a packet of instant oatmeal

Lunch:

Fast food combo meal or whatever was around that I was in the mood for, pizza, burritos, etc.

Dinner:

Same as lunch

Diet phase:

Breakfast:

2 eggos or a packet of instant oatmeal

Lunch:

Subway sandwich, Lean Cuisine meal, sometimes chinese or sushi

Dinner:

Varied but always some kind of starch included.. Rice a Roni or pasta, sometimes I'd add chicken to the rice. If I had salmon I'd always make a big baked potato. Actually I had a lot of baked potatoes as a side to a small bit of meat.

Weight watchers phase:

Breakfast:

Eggos still, slim fast bar

Lunch:

FF lunchmean on LF bread, Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones meal, Subway sandwish, sushi

If I had a sandwich I'd have baked lays chips with it, or pretzels, or goldfish crackers

Dinner:

Veggie soup with LF bread, or some other equally unsatisfying and hunger-inducing dinner. I'd continue to snack about 2 hours later and pretty much continue till it was bedtime. If for some reason I was ok with feeling like my stomach was devouring itself, I'd go to bed hungry with no extra snacking.

Snacks (aka extended dinner):

Goldfish crackers (I went through jumbo boxes of these)
FF microwave popcorn
more 0 point veggie soup

My WW phase is when I would feel really really weak and shakey even if I just ate. I also felt progressively worse from all the carbs with no fat or much protein for balance. I slept a lot, many times I was unable to keep my eyes open after a meal and would just pass out on my couch, at my desk at work, etc.
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 14:41
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I loved my carbs. I thought I was eating the "heart healthy" low fat way- LOL!

Breakfast: Bagel and black coffee
Lunch: Sandwich, or tuna salad and a french roll, diet soda
Snack: toast and margarine/jam or fruit
Dinner: small salad, chicken breast and the biggest baked potato I could find. Oh- and some kind of roll or french bread. Another fave dinner was salad, pasta and more bread!