Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 12:21

Plan: Atkins, caveman
Stats: 170/166/120
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Please Flax cereal Taste!!!!

Hi again.

Could someone please help me? I really need information on this Flax O meal I keep hearing about. I need to know if it taste okay before I start investing in it. I am sooooo getting sick of eggs and bacon or ham. I really loved cereals, cold and hot. I really need to know of the taste. Is it chalky, or taste bitter or have any kind of aftertaste? I REALLY cant just eat something just cause its all I have. I want to try it but I am afraid. I spent sooo much money on a certain "Low carb peanut butter bar" I wont say the name, but I know when they did the research, they had to know it tasted nasty and dry (I figure the taste resembles a peanut butter/chocholate shoe) when they decided to put it on the market. PS. I hate cinnamin(sp) always have. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 18:06

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

You can eat anything LC you want for your meals, so breakfast doesn't have to be breakfast food!

For example, sometimes in the morning I have leftover veggies from the night before, and extra cold chicken or a pork chop cooked extra from the previous night's dinner.

Also, if you do a search using the search button near the top right of the screen, search for flax o meal and have the requests come up "by posts" you will get linked to other discussions on flax o meal. I haven't tried it myself cuz I'm staying away from commercial LC products.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 10:50

BF:

Thanks Angela,
Its funny that you say that because before, I would have no problem eating leftover Hamburger Helper for breakfast or I would make a taco, or even leftover fried chicken and macaroni an cheese. I just used to have oatmeal or cold cereal too and I want to have some kind of substitute for that. I keep hearing of this Flax O meal but everytime I have tried low carb products they tasted really nasty and I just didn't want to invest anything else. But since I haven't heard a response on the taste I took the chance and purchased a bag. I hope it taste good because if it does, I will tell everyone, but if it doesn't, I have a habit of telling the truth and describing what things resemble, so I cant do that. But thank you for your response. I truly appreciate it.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 10:52

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%
Default flax-o-meal

have to say, that i love it. i finished my 2 packages i had so i ordered more. the chocolate is good, but my favorite is the butter pecan. i add cream and splenda to mine, which makes it very comforting.
good luck
brenda
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 12:10

BF:

Thanks Brenda
Thats the kind of response I needed! Now I wont feel bad buying it. I bought the vanilla but if I like it, I will try others. thank you, thank you.