Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 03:48

Plan: My own
Stats: 235/186/135
BF:
Progress: 49%
Smile Great idea

That other thread was excellent. It sure scared me about the Diabetic Option. Funnily enough, the Atkins website, when I contacted them about it, recommended the Diabetic meal option on the plane. Hmm, maybe I am better not eating airline food at all!

I think I'll see if i can get thre Kosher option-that sounds meatier.

We are off to Inverness today. I am going to try and find Macadamia nuts. I know of 2 places that USUALLY have them, but who knows if they will today? I am also looking for some Gjetost (Danish cheese that looks and tastes kind of like peanut butter). I seem to remember it being wildly high fat so it will prally be alright (I'll read the label, I promise-just hope it isn't all in Danish!)! I got some pre-cooked bacon when I was at my pal's early this week (her dad does Atkins so food wasn't a problem) and some Tesco kabanos, which seem to be alright. If I can get macadamia nuts and cheese, I'll be set for the 11.5 hours form London to L.A. whether the airline caters for me or not!

Thanks for al the support

Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 15:59

Plan: My own
Stats: 235/186/135
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Just thought you'd like to know...

We got in from our holiday last night. This morning I weighed myself and was exactly what I weighed the morning I left! O.k. so that is still 3 lbs. up from what I got to before my T.o.M. but WOW!

That is the first time I have been back to the U.S. (or on ANY holiday, let's face it!) without gaining weight.

There were three meals where I couldn't stick to Atkins (that place we went to in Chinatown didn't have enough English between ALL their serving staff to tell me what was in stuff!), so I had a C.A.D. meal, but didn't overindulge (only had dessert once, and ice cream on the last night), and went RIGHT back to Atkins immediately.

My mother had gotten in some Atkins bars, and they really helped. I know that some of you don't like them (to be honest, the Advantage bars are NOT the tastiest thing I have ever had), and they ARE expensive, but they were my life saver. I had one for breakfast every day, then we ate out at lunchtime (my relatives DON'T cook). For tea, we each did our own thing, so I'd have meat or cheese, or both, and salad with my favourite brand (Hidden Valley Ranch) of Ranch dressing.

I found Atkins CHOCOLATE bars (called "Endulge") at Trader Joe's so bought a box of them. They are splendid, and as they have no "trigger foods" in them, one was enough. I didn't even have one a day, or even every other day. Even sharing with my mother (she had one every time I did), I brought home 3 or 4 of the box of 15 with me.

I placed a small order to the Atkins site. I ordered a box of chocolate to bring home, though it is cheaper at Trader Joe's, because they were giving out a free box of 15 Advantage bars with EVERY order up until the end of April!

As I get back into life at home-tuna for breakfast, diner and tea my reliance on such things will lessen, but it is good to have that stuff for now.

BTW, the cream over there is DREADFUL! I bought an 8-oz. carton of what they call HEAVY whipping cream (cost about £1.50), and it was thinner than Single cream! What a letdown!

So, a fine holiday was had by all AND my weight didn't go up. I am a HAPPY camper!