Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Nov-24-06, 23:13

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 370/348.5/298 Female 5'9"
BF:plenty of it
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Anyway, I thought about SB, then thought I would do Atkins induction, but our family has a history of heart disease, so all the fat scares me. (my mom is in the hospital right now after her 5 open heart surgeries in the past 2 years) So I am thinking towards SB again, or maybe just change my way of eating to Good Carbs, Good Fats, and more fiber, and whole grains (no sugar or refined carbs)
Hi Pam, I'm from Northeastern Ohio. Because of the sensitivity of being on the web, I don't give out location. We just went down to Wheeling the other day to Oglebay to see the lights. We went last year too.

Reading about your quote from above, I would encourage you to re-read the parts of South Beach Diet book where his patients' lab work always came back better due to the GOOD fats. Also, GOOD fats help to break down plaque inside the blood vessels over time which can lead to arteriosclerosis if I remember correctly. I wouldn't be scared to use olive oil and I wouldn't be scared to add olive oil to your mother's diet.

Post-Thanksgiving L-Tryptophan Happiness:

Yesterday was a wonderful Thanksgiving. Went to DH's parents home for turkey and the usuals. I'm proud!!! I ate no cake and no pie!!! Everything I ate was: turkey, mashed potatoes (don't say it), stuffing, sweet potatoes, vegetable casserole (really yummy. It was basically green bean casserole with sour cream mixed with soup, and instead of green beans, it was a frozen mixed veggie bag of carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower with cheddar cheese on top. When it was finished cooking, french fried onions were added on top.) That was my favorite dish besides turkey. Then I had bread with butter on it. BUT NO DESSERTS!!!!! YEAH. I WAS SO FULL, I WASN'T EVEN TEMPTED BY THEM.
Worked last night. Then today, I made a turkey breast I had thawed in the fridge. It was delicious. However, when cutting it, the smell got to me. I had to have my son come in and cut it for me and serve it out while I served out everything else. It was good meat. The smell didn't bother me when it was on my plate, but the heat and smell coming out of the oven, I thought I was on the way to the bathroom. Yesterday, smells started bothering me. Just part of being a prego I guess. I felt my uterus stretching the other day. So I know it's growing in there.
All I want to do though is sleep. When I get home from working midnights, it's straight to the bed for me every morning. I'm doing 9 straight right now. We have 2 on vacation. Tomorrow I will be going to the store to prep for the start of doing a South Beach Phase II/Brewers Diet mix diet for pregnancy. Hopefully, this will help prevent eclampsia while promoting a healthy carb/healthy fat diet. I have been improving my diet with whole grains, fruit, better proteins, and I need to start putting olive oils back into my diet as well.
Well, I need to stop by my friends' journals here and wish everyone a belated Happy Thanksgiving. I hope everyone is well and full and happy with friends and family.
Everyone at home seems to be o.k. Will be glad to get that MRI done in early December. Just want that over!!!
Well, I'm missing my parents. They live far away and I missed them yesterday during Thanksgiving. My friend and her husband down there had Thanksgiving with them. I'm jealous in my own way. But God has a reason for me being here.
Good news is my 88 year old grandmother went into the hospital on Wednesday, but she got to come home Thanksgiving. Her lungs were swollen up, but no pneumonia. She's mad because she's not allowed to smoke. She doesn't inhale, but they are insisting she quit anyway. She smokes maybe 2-3 puffs off a cigarette and puts it out. It takes her 2 weeks to go through 1 pack. I don't think smoking is her problem. I think she had a viral infection that kind of affected her lungs. However, I'm not going to tell her that.
I also want to thank our Lord above for everything that he does for us. Thank you my Dear Lord above.

Making Thanksgiving Easier:

You know something else I want to mention while I'm thinking about it. I have had a turkey breast in the oven two years in a row now. It is just the middle of the bird. No wings, no legs. The nice thing is it is already open in the middle. There is no bag of heart, kidneys, liver, etc. to mess with. You just rinse the bird off with cold water, and then the cavity is open. You can stuff it right before you cook it. There is no mess. So easy to do!!! And when cooking something like this, I have been buying 2 foil pans for a $1.00 at the dollar store. So, when I'm finished, I can just throw it away. Don't waste your broth though. That's good enough to save and use for adding flavor to foods later.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 11:07

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 200/201/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -2%

Hi! I hope all is well with everyone.

I'm back on the Core plan and so far so good. I've been doing what I said about using my flex points for non-core foods and I've been doing good.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 03:19

Plan: Atkins (+m&e)
Stats: 320/310/190 Female 5ft  11"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi there Catcookie...I am starting out again too as of tomorrow I wonder if there are any others out there doing core still....the more the merrier!!!
Hope your week goes well