Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-06, 10:40
Registered Member

Plan: atkins, UNYBP
Stats: 155/142/125 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Slow Burn

Has anyone heard of or tried "The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution" by Fredrick Hahn? It is endorsed by the Eades, who wrote "Protein Power".

Supposedly, you can Increase your muscle mass and burn calories in only 30 minutes a week. I got the book at the library and have read most of it.
He shows regular weight bearing exercises using heavy weights and low reps
(3-6) at a vert slow motion.

There is also a DVD out to use at home. Each exersize can be done at home or in the gym on machines.

Misskriss
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-06, 14:09

Plan: low carb
Stats: 185/177/145 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Too much/21%/22%
Progress: 20%

I feel inclined to respond since no one has yet. I have read Slow Burn and I have emailed Fred, the author regarding his theory and he was emailed me back and swears by it. He owns a gym in NYC as well. At the time since I had just purchased a treadmill and a total gym did not want to do the slow burn. Now after a year I am doing a similar plan, The Abs Diet. It involves weight training and interval training. Short and sweet workouts. I am on week 3 of the 8 week program.

I have not seen any great results yet. This uses the same theory that less is more. It is hard for me to believe but everything I read these days is saying the same thing. I am at goal so at this point I am trying to sculpt and tone my body and gain more muscle.

I would highly recommend trying it as I am a firm believer of Proten Power as well.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-06, 20:07
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 206/183/170 Male 70 inches
BF:30%/22%/18%
Progress: 64%

#4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-11-06, 13:01
Dog is my copilot

Plan: paleo/lowcarb
Stats: 210/162/145 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 74%

I'm doing a modified version of Slow Burn. Instead of 2x 20 min workouts I do a 2-3 exercises, about 5 minutes worth, 4-5 days per week. Many I can do with no equipment at my desk at work. Squats/lunges, calf raises, pushups (wide for pecs, narrow for tris). This works better for me because I can hit most muscles twice in a week, without any real time commitment, without working up a sweat. It's amazing how I can totally use up a muscle in such a short time. I don't think my strength improved any faster working out at Golds several hours a week.

Wyv