Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 20:39
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Thanks guys

Part of it is guilt for nto going, but some of it to is a tad selfishness on my part. Gym time to me is my only "me time" these days. It is the part of the day I get to totally focus on me, be as vain as I want, and strive for a better me I just wish it wasn't so rushed because of schedule and I could enjoy it alot more.

I am definetly noticing a difference in the muscle, though it is still hidden under fat. I saw someone in the gym today that was working abs by hanging upside down to do twists and sit ups. He has the most amazing abs I have ever seen. I've got to figure out how I can get my body up on those hanging contraptions without splitting my head open (I was the kid who would never hang upseide down on the monkey bars)

I am doing alot better at pilates though. My SO was giggling at me because I can't do the strait leg rolls yet. I told him to give it a try, but he claimed he couldn't do half of the exercises I was managing to (He is out of shape now, but in HS he was on track, cross country, and swim team, so he had muscles once apon a time, including great abs )
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 20:53

Plan: ??
Stats: 135/???/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Ladybelle,

You were smart not to hang on the monkey bars...I was the kid who did crack her head open and had to get stiches!

I forgot to mention to everyone that I've been stretching after every workout...a lot of yoga moves. My flexibility has improved significantly since starting BFL too. I think I am stretching much more frequently now!

--Cindy
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 08:58

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

There was a weekend in there somewhere? I must have missed it. Please don't tell me there have been more than one - I couldnt take it.

I am itching to get back to some kind of schedule - and attempted it this morning, only to find my future father in law sleeping on the futon in the exercise room when I got down there at 5:30 am. I don't know who was more surprized, him or me. Probably me.

So, I started running today. It was close to 0C out there, but I was determined that I was going to do something starting right then and right there. 30 minutes later I felt great. Looking forward to trying it out again tomorrow.

Now we just have to get the nautilus assembled. I haven't lifted anything other than boxes and furniture in 5 weeks. I feel the atrophy setting in

Nat (in desperate search of routine and normalcy)