Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-06, 10:58
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 182/162/140 Female 5ft 7inches
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Work issues!!!

When I was a carb addict my favorite type was sugar / icing!

That slowed down when I found out I was allergic to wheat as its mainly wheat products that are iced.

Untill 10 mins ago!

My work place just brought in a truck load of iced cakes. So when everyone had taken theirs I was left in the room and the temptation was too great

I ate 2 bakewell tarts and 2 iced cakes! I nearly put the whole thing in my mouth rather than savor it. It was like one of those over the top cake adverts.

Grrrr.....As if I wasnt having a bad enough day today..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-06, 11:09

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 135/131/118 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

It's OK, it happens to all of us, Don't keep sliding down just because you slipped. Just drink lots of water and stick to meat and eggs for a couple of days. That seems to work well for me,
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-06, 11:13
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

It happens... just go back to eating according to your plan, and it'll be fine. It's the old addicitons talking, I think, that lead us to white-knuckle it until we just snap and INHALE something forbidden without even taking the time to enjoy it. It's like if we don't taste it, the carbs somehow don't count?

Dust off, start over, and hang in there.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-07, 12:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/161/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Wow, can I relate! The others have said it all. Just forget about it and get back on track. Well, don't forget about it. Actually, remember it. And maybe write it down while it's fresh in your mind WHAT it was that finally made you snap! Write down how you were feeling (emotionally and physically) when you ate that sugary stuff. Thinking about all this might help you avoid doing it again.

Also, if you are able to do it, plan to go out to dinner once or twice a month, and split a "forbidden" dessert with someone, and SAVOR EVERY BITE! That might keep you from impulsively inhaling something when you are having a bad day. Some people can't do that, so if that advice wouldn't work for you, just discard it. LOL

Drink that water!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-07, 13:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%

I wouldn't recommend splitting a dessert with anyone, at anytime! If I eat any sugar at all, it is the small amount in the 85% Lindt chocolate. I found out the hard way, if you split the dessert one time, don't see a weight gain, you start thinking, "next time, I'll have one myself" and again, and again, and before you know it, the weight is coming back on..and fast, I gained 17 pounds in one summer by just eating "one bite" of high carb foods. If I was you, I wouldn't risk it. Just go back on clean induction, and remember how bad you feel right now, and then don't put yourself through it again. It's hard, but I find out it is so worth it.