Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-09, 11:23
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 285/88/94 Female 5'7
BF:lg/md/sm
Progress: 103%

i take wellbutrin.....
i take the SR not the XL....
the sr's have given me my life back.
when they tried to switch me to the XL's oh my lord my moods became soooo erratic it was terrible.
the only down fall for me with wellbutrin is that i never got over the headaches.
but for me that out weighs the depression.
so i take topamax to conteract the migrains
i already have a history of headaches and the wellbutrin just worsened it.... but taking them together i am fine now.....
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-09, 21:50
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 203/184/180 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 83%

I had depression for 13 years and was taking 450 mg of Welbutrin XL and it did work for me. But this year I was cured and no longer take any medication for depression. Here is how my cure occurred.

In January 2008, I had my first Vitamin D test. My score was 20. It took almost the whole year of upping my dosage until I reached 79.

As soon as I passed the 70 mark, my depression disappeared. I have dropped the Welbutrin and never looked back. I believe my Vitamin D deficiency was the primary cause of my depression.

In addition I found that fish oil to brightened my mood. You might try that also.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-09, 17:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/161/155 Female 5'6
BF:don't u ask
Progress: 93%

Utah Jake,

You know I have heard that the vit. D def. is resposible for a great deal of "depression". I have a lady her at work, several actually, who finally tested for it and found that they were low. They suffered from what was diag. as depression, and they had horrible headaches and tired.

I am currently still on my well. and just don't know if it is helping. If it is helping than I hate to think about how I would see myself and feel when I am off from it. I have a horrible selfworth,or picture, in my head. I feel hopeless at times and think does this really work at all? Its a never ending battle. I don't think that I am on 450 mg. I 'd have to check. Is it a certain dose for everyone, or are there higher or lower levels of wellb? I've never heard about that. K, I just checked my bottle and I am o 300 of the xl. I feel that its just not enough, I still have major downs and break thru. I have been on this stuff since at least 2004, or 5.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-09, 19:22
Registered Member

BF:

Keep going back to your doctor until you feel ok. I went back 4 times to up my dosage until it did reach 450mg.

What are you doing with Vitamin D? Bringing your Vitamin D up to optimum levels will help with your mood and your weight loss.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-09, 21:40

I haven't done anything for vit. D. I have heard alot about it lately and have just started wondering if its something I could benifit from. I am not sure if it was just as easy as going to the store and buying another vit.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-09, 18:42
Registered Member

BF:

It is a vitamin you can find in anyplace that sells vitamins. Not only is it the cheapest vitamin you can buy, it is the most important.

Start with 4000 units a day and get your Vitamin D level checked next time you see a doctor.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-09, 20:20

thanks Jake-I will look at walmart when I pick up rx tommorrow.

Got to ask, it says Utah Jake. Is that your location? I'm over in Wyoming.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-09, 16:22
Registered Member

BF:

Yep, I live part of the year in southwestern Utah, the rest of the time I live in Montana.