Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-13, 09:52

Plan: Atkins/Reduced dairy
Stats: 280/200/180 Male 5'8
BF:30.4%
Progress: 80%
Default Almond milk

Started using this yesterday for the first time and I have had trapped wind since taking it. Anyone else notice this? If so have you tried hazelnut milk with better results?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-13, 06:32

Plan: Professor Charles Clark
Stats: 280/273/199 Female 160 cm
BF:
Progress: 9%

Was thinking of trying almond milk instead of cows milk for my morning hot drink (currently sugar free chai syrup with 1/3 milk and 2/3 boiling water), but haven't done so yet...
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-13, 08:16

Googled it earlier and it seems some people have an intolerance yet sometimes a change of brand helps. I can eat almonds no problem so im guessing it must be an additive I have a problem with.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-13, 17:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251.9/179.8/160 Female 5'6 inches
BF:43%/40%/31%/28.8%
Progress: 78%

Humm... i've been drinkin' unsweetened vanilla almond milk since week 2 of induction (currently on week 6) and i have noticed a bit of "indigestion" but it's not "after" i drink the almond milk in particular, i find mine is worse if i take my magnesium before i eat a meal, so now i take it at night and haven't had as much problems with it unless i eat something too fatty, like sausage (but it could just be the spices in it). Some of the almond milks sometimes have been known to cause digestive issues with gas, which make cause burping or the other end lol. Only way to know if it's the culprit is to take it out for a little while and see if you stop, they have pretty long expiration dates so if you just bought it stop it for 3-4 days and if it doesn't change you can add it back in and see if it makes it worse. good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-13, 03:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyRusi
Humm... i've been drinkin' unsweetened vanilla almond milk since week 2 of induction (currently on week 6) and i have noticed a bit of "indigestion" but it's not "after" i drink the almond milk in particular, i find mine is worse if i take my magnesium before i eat a meal, so now i take it at night and haven't had as much problems with it unless i eat something too fatty, like sausage (but it could just be the spices in it). Some of the almond milks sometimes have been known to cause digestive issues with gas, which make cause burping or the other end lol. Only way to know if it's the culprit is to take it out for a little while and see if you stop, they have pretty long expiration dates so if you just bought it stop it for 3-4 days and if it doesn't change you can add it back in and see if it makes it worse. good luck!

You know I think I took it the first day as part of a protein shake and I took my vitamins with it including magnesium. I stopped drinking it since that day but last night I had a glass just to see if it would effect me again and it didn't. I felt fine after and had no problems during the night with indigestion.

Maybe it was the magnesium as you suggest. I'll take it with my shake this morning and skip the magnesium and see what happens.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-13, 19:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 383.5/334/160
BF:
Progress: 22%
Thumbs up I love it.

I use the Almond Breeze 30 calories. I prefer it over milk.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-13, 16:19

Plan: Keto
Stats: 148/146/133 Female 5'4
BF:36%/23/?
Progress: 13%

This is the only processed item in my diet, I love it, use it in tea and coffee. I prefer it over dairy. Also being at goal wait I cannot afford the calories of cream. I have had no digestive issues which is good since I have a very sensitive digestive system.