Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-04, 17:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205.0/186.7/132 Female 170 cm
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi Candy good job

Can't really remember what date I started but I've lost 11kg or 24.75lbs in about 3 weeks i think. I don't exercise yet - I know I should but I can't seem to get to it.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-04, 08:24
moonbird07

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hi Weedgirlfm, I know you are not exited about working out, but let me tell you my sister never did it and she was 120 pounds overweight! She started Atkins and lost 100 pounds, during this time she started walking and that is when she said is was just falling off her. She lost 100 pounds in 7 months, that's pretty dang fast. Now she has 20 pounds to go and she looks great. The exercise kept her from sagging, she started toning so quick because of the extra weight she carried it built her legs unbelievably well. Her arms, some definition and her belly was flat. So, yes I did help her a lot but it was up to her to do it and she did. It's easy to go home and plop down, but to get out and walk or do the stairmaster or anything takes a mind set. So if you want to get in gear, don't let yourself sit down, get that workout clothes on and start slow, baby steps, but that's all you need. Go 1/2 a mile then 1 mile and so on, but don't let your weaker side get the best of you. Get pumped and get going. I promise you will feel so much better. I take lots of vitamins and that helps with energy. Good luck.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-04, 11:00
moonbird07

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Oh gosh! 14 pounds to go by end of October for mini goal, yeah!!! I cannot believe my success guys! I have been working out religiously, been on induction without problem and have not eaten any sugar alcohols, no grains. My last attempt I ate those bars with malitol and other artificial sugars (sugar alcohols) and I do believe these slow your weight loss. Stay away if you want to lose 3 to 4 pounds a week and it will come off. When I get 5 pounds of my goal, I will kick into my 25 grams of carbs and hopefully lose my last 5 pounds in a few weeks. I have been walking and weight training, so keep up the exercise! It helps out so much. Good luck.

Last edited by moonbird07 : Mon, Sep-20-04 at 11:58.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-04, 11:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 215/201/195 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 70%

I've lost 7 pounds since Sept 10th.
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-04, 11:37
moonbird07

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

that is awesome! Keep it up. I tell myself everyday, at first it was 25 to go, then 20 togo, and now seventeen. My minin goal is 14 to go, by the end of October, 5 more pounds by the end of September. So I will workout hard and exercise everyday. Hopefully I can reach my first mini goal, then October is just around the corner. I hope I can lose 10 pounds that month, after that my last few pounds might be hard to lose, but nothing absolutely nothing is going to stop me, I will not give up and I will not fail.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-04, 13:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/251/160 Female 5' 11
BF:
Progress: 35%

I have lost 48 pounds and the 4 month mark will be tomorrow. This WOE is the best for me. I had some hair thinning, but not from nutrition from my body adjusting to all the weight loss. I still have quite a ways to go, but I am on the right track. I love this board everyone is friendly and provides great advice
best of luck
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-04, 14:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 215/201/195 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 70%

48 pounds in 4 months now that is inspiration!! Way to go!!!!