Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 11:31
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%
Default "firming" lotions

Has anyone tried these? My tummy skin looks sad. I bought the Nivea brand, and on the recommendation of another person on this board, I bought a natural bristle body brush. Any comments, suggestions, would be GREAT.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 11:37
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

A complete and total waste of money, as most beauty products are. You can't rub something on the outside of your skin and have it affect the underlying fat and muscles. Just give your skin some time, get exercise and you'll find it'll snap back into shape, especially if you're a young person.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 11:47
Registered Member

I excercise every day, I am 24 (well almost, on the 5th I will be). I am just looking for something to help it along. Even a small difference would be great.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 13:19
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Plan: Atkinsmyway/Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/135/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 100%

You could try essential oils. It works from the inside out. The Woman's Oil by Health from the Sun has lots of GLA so is great for smooth, soft, skin. It's really made a difference in mine. The oil is good for all sorts of other things, too, heart health, allergies, arthritis, anything involving inflammation. I take it to help with weight loss, high blood pressure and skin condition. I used to have badly cracked heels and dry patches on my face, they're gone. Maybe it would work for your tummy!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 13:21
Registered Member

I am taking an oil supplement. It has omega 3, 6 and 9. Funny, I noticed the dry patches on my nose are gone.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 13:23
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Plan: Atkinsmyway/Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/135/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 100%

Exactly! Well, maybe, given time, that will help with your tummy!

Just a thought...
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 14:30

Plan: new revolution
Stats: 251/214/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 35%

HERES A GREAT EXCERCISE AND EASY
Hold in your stomach for about 10 seconds then let go and repeat
Do this about 20 times a day
More if you want
It tightens those MUSCKELS hehe and firms that area up
As for loose skin? it takes time to retract and sometimes depending on how much weight you have lost or plan on losing ya might want a tummy tuck
I know I am going for a tummy tuck when I am done
Hope this helps
As for the lotions? Like Nancy said its all GIMMICKS to get you to buy them total waste of money
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 16:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 159/127/105 Female 59 inches
BF:
Progress: 59%

Those creams sound like they'd be great, but sadly they aren't worth a darn. Now they are good moisturizers if you want a lotion. Oh and they usually smell pretty good. I'm afraid that's about the extent of it though. I guess if you want an instant quick fix but doesn't last, you could try hemhorroid cream. No joke. Make up artists use it to make people's faces look tighter. I think it sounds a bit yucckkky though
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 17:58

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 185/183/160 Female 5'5
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 8%

The hemmorhoid creams work on the face the same way they work on the butt, they shrink dialated blood vessels. I would not appy them anywhere bu(butt?)their intended areas though, you could burn your eyes.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 20:23

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 225/200/130 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Question any suggestions?

I've heard that prep-H can help tighten skin. I figured that was just a joke too so I never tried it. Does it have lasting results or something you just have to keep doing day after day not really "fixing" the problem? I've had 3 pregnancies in 4 yrs so my tummy definitely needs some help! All that loose skin looks even worse now that I'm losing weight on top of not being pregnant anymore. At least my skin was nice and tight when I was prego The skin on my legs and underside of my arms are loose too. Could definitely use some help. I've been working out and weight training and have seen an increase in muscle mass and strength, but not in my skin tightening. Any suggestions other than exercise? I'm already doing that

~ Cori ~
  #11   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 20:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 159/127/105 Female 59 inches
BF:
Progress: 59%

I don't know really, I've never tried it but I had a friend who swore by it. And yes she used it near her eyes and on other parts of her face and neck. I always thought it was kinda odd. I am pretty sure it is a daily type thing because it is really just a topical ointment. Any other topical things you have to use daily not just a one shot deal. i don't think it would work much on loose skin, Not like that. I think it might help a but with very light firming like mild cellulite. But again I don't know that it would work for that just speculation. The only thing I know it did work on is small amounts of facial skin and I'd still be cautious where it was put. You absolutely could damage your eyes with something like that if you weren't super careful....