Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-05, 06:13
Autistic Carnivore

Plan: NeanderThin
Stats: 369/244.5/219 Male 70 inches
BF:37.5
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojoj
I cant back my comments or thoughts with anything vaguely factual or scientific though. Its just how it is for me and what I think

Jo

The people who need to gain weight, and body fat, the most often can't no matter how many calories they consume. These people are premature babies. If you can find the research behind their failure to thrive, perhaps this also applies to adult humans.

I've increased my caloric intake recently and am now dropping more weight, although I am exercising the same (e.i. very sedentary). The calories out are still under the calories in for me, but I'm dropping more while the gap between consumption and expenditure is less.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-05, 11:26

Plan: Atkins-like
Stats: 215/170/170 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 100%

I still hit the buffet now and again, simply because you can sometimes get more LC foods that way. But I'm still battling the all I can eat mentality. I did well eating the right foods, now I need to work on eating the right amount of the right foods.
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-05, 11:49
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojoj
I maintain on around 3000-4000 a day, although there are days when I eat less. I am not particularly athletic. I dont know about all the scientific stuff or the arguments, but I'm convinced that my body doesnt digest a lot of the fat I eat, so therefore those calories wouldnt count??. I also question not only the methods they officially use to count calories, but also how the body uses them.

Lucky you! I can gain on 2000 calories a day low carb, probably even less.

Although I will tell you, if you're not digesting fat it usually makes for very unpleasant bowel movements as any user of that drug that blocks fat digestion could tell you!
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-05, 16:26

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

I think my maintenance is even less...I would be back to 190 lbs in a matter of months if I ate 3000 calories a day. At the moment I am plateaued weight-wise at around 1200-1500 LC calories but think I am still losing a bit of fat. I guess Ojoj must have a zoomy metabolism and is under 48.
  #80   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-05, 11:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Lucky you! I can gain on 2000 calories a day low carb, probably even less.

Although I will tell you, if you're not digesting fat it usually makes for very unpleasant bowel movements as any user of that drug that blocks fat digestion could tell you!

Without going into detail - thats the reason I think thats whats happening!?

I work at a doctors surgery (office) and I've heard about the er... side effects of xenical (fat blocking drug) and I dont think I have quite the same issues.... Similar, but I dont get the involuntary seepage

BTW I'm gonna be 42 next month and my metabolism is... well just normal I guess?! I'm very laid back, I dont rush about or live on my nerves, nor do I exercise much. So I dont know how I get away with it really. But long may it continue