Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-10, 14:20

Plan: Modified Paleo Atkins
Stats: 260/260/190 Male 71 inches
BF:Getting/Much/Bette
Progress: 0%
Default Limited time bicycling

I have very little time to devote to exercise. I have managed to carve out 1 hour and 15 minutes in the morning by giving up a little sleep and what little quiet "me" time I was getting in the morning before anyone else was up. That means getting up at 5 a.m. and bicycling in the dark, but so far it's working for me.

I live right next to a bike trail which works out really well for riding in the dark. I have a headlight for my bike, but riding on the trail means I don't have to worry about cars, except when it crosses small country roads. It is cold and riding in the dark is a bit of a different experience, but I listen to music without having to worry about getting hit.

One factor of this workout is that it is time limited. I set the timer on my iPhone to 30 minutes and when it goes off, I just turn around and come home. I see progress by how far I've gone and how fast I can return home.

I use the 15 minutes for getting dressed and a quick cool down.

I wanted to point this out to let people know that even with small amounts of time you can still get a good workout in. It is possible. You have to just do it.

Good luck to y'all!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-10, 21:01

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Yes! I took a class with a woman once who would use the breaks to just go out and run for 15 minutes. It was a revelation. She's sweaty, she's flushed, and she's just fine. It takes me about the same time to run home from downtown as to take the trolley, so I run from work.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-10, 11:49

Plan: Modified Paleo Atkins
Stats: 260/260/190 Male 71 inches
BF:Getting/Much/Bette
Progress: 0%

the cycling seems to be working out fine for me. I'm getting slowly stronger and because it's not a huge amount of time, I'm not running into any of the issues that some long-distance runners/cyclists on low carb seem to have at times. I'm not eating any extra carbs for the exercise and so far high-fat seems to be working well.