Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 03:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 72/68/60
BF:
Progress: 33%
Thumbs up Tommorrow is my first 2 weeks of Induction

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the programme and tomorrow is our first two weeeks on Induction. My husband Rick and myself.I have to admit that day 2 and 3 I felt nauseous and very tired and lethargic. By day 5 I bought the vitamins and bingo instant energy.I feel pretty good now but my energy levels are still not back to normal. I am very tired by around 9.30pm instead of around 11.00pm.But I feel great as far as the food goes. I never feel hungry, I am never tempted to snack and I have no cravings at all. Not even a Bourbon or Champagne which was high on my list of relaxation tools. My husband has lost at least 5Kgs and I have lost at least 2Kg, however tomorrow morning is the big weigh in. We will stick with the program as I can feel my clothes are looser already.I am amazed at all the fat and protein I canm eat, and still sometimes feel that I am doing the wrong thing, but it is working. I miss my crunchy bread rolls ayt lunch and toast at breakfast sometimes, but I am sure I will get over this. I can't wait until I can add some fruit to my diet as I was always a big fruit and vegie eater. I love this forum it is very encouraging. i also have done weight watchers and all the low fat diets , with short term success and then the inevitable stack it back plus more, even without eating very much. This diet is for me and I will stick to it. I will keep you informed of our progress.

Sue

Never tell me never!!! Never again!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 21:52

Plan: FatLoCity
Stats: 85/80/60
BF:
Progress: 20%

you two are doing great!!!

it took awhile for me to come right after induction too, about a month but that was no big deal as i felt so much better in other ways.

i cant imagine not eating like this now.

have you thought of starting a diary in the bootcamp/journal section??

it is a great way of getting support, controlling and analyzing your diet.
the cravings for bread etc definatly disappear. For breakfast i have raspberries or strawberries and cream with splenda, that used to be my favorite dessert, so now i dont even think about toast!

keep up the good work guys!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 02:44

BF:

Thank you Sammiejam,
We weighed in this morning, Rick has lost 4.5Kg and I lost 2Kg, but also 1 inch off waist and half inch off hips, thighs, upper arm for me and 3 inches off waist, 1 inch off hips and half inch off thighs, upper arm for Rick We are absolutely delighted. Now we will see what the next two weeks brings, we are going to stay pretty much on Induction for the next two weeks again. We are having a roast leg of lamb tonight cooked in the webber accompanied by fresh asparagus, broccoli and beans YUMMY!!!!
We will keep you posted on our journey.
Cheers,
SueThank you..........Sue
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 17:04

Plan: FatLoCity
Stats: 85/80/60
BF:
Progress: 20%

that is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

dont forget that your body is trying to build back muscle, all the protein that your are now eating is going straight to repairing your body and since muscle weighs more than fat, that could account for why your loss seems to be less than Ricks.(espec if he is already muscley and you are not)

i am going to have thai beef curry made with coconut cream, no rice, and lamb chops and cesaer salad for lunch, how devine!!!!

dont ya just love this WOL?????!!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 03:20

BF:
Default Lunch

Hi Sammijam,
I had to go out to lunch today with an overseas visitor and the boss ( last minute thing!! ) I had my lunch at work too. However I was very good abnd had Oysters Natural for entree and Blue Eye Cod for a main. No bread and no other vegies other than Artichoke and tomato and zucchinis. No dessert either, not that I am much of a sweet tooth anyway. But I did have some red wine and a G&T. I will not eat tonight as I am not at all hungry, but I will drink a couple of litres of the good old Aqua Tappy!!! I think I can get over having a few drinks, my boss wouldn't notice that I did not eat bread or dessert but he would definitly notice if I did not drink. I did enjoy the red so i don't feel too guilty.
Have a great weekend.
Cheers and happy eating!!!
How did you survive the week??
Sue