Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-30-11, 07:02

Plan: Custom
Stats: 240/160/130 Female 175
BF:
Progress:
Default Anyone else suffering w/eating disorder?

I LC for pre-diabetes, anything to avoid gluphocage. But, when I see myself in the mirror, I get depressed and don't eat for days. My mind keeps messing up my LC lifestyle.. it's driving me nuts.

..Tell me I'm not the only one in this
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-30-11, 07:29

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%

Do you mean that you see your body as fat and so don't want to fuel it? I totally get that (and I bet a lot of us do too...we don't like what we see in the mirror).

You already know though that not eating for days is not good for you...intermittent fasting is one thing, but fasting for days on end due to depression is a disorder, and you need help with that. Are there any resources (professional) in your area that you can access?

I see by your stats that you have made really good progress! Do you think you are not seeing yourself objectively? Or are you seeing loose/older skin that upsets you? Are you not used to the new you? I'm asking because any kind of information you can provide can help us understand you better...lots of folks here can help, I'm sure.

Currently I feel like putting a bag over my head. I've been having troubles for weeks now with a rash that comes and goes, and my face and neck are itchy and swollen. I actually buzzed off all of my hair to get it away from my skin, and now I think I look really butch (absolutely no offence to anyone who chooses that look...in my case it's been chosen for me!) I don't want to go out at all. I feel some of your pain.

A question too...I don't know what glucophage is, although I understand the pre-diabetes condition.

Hang in there, help is on the way! Lots of members here who can help you out, I'm sure.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-30-11, 07:38

Plan: M-F vlc, looser LC wkends
Stats: 353.6/232.2/143 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
I see by your stats that you have made really good progress! Do you think you are not seeing yourself objectively? Or are you seeing loose/older skin that upsets you? Are you not used to the new you? I'm asking because any kind of information you can provide can help us understand you better...lots of folks here can help, I'm sure.

This is SUPER, and exactly what I was going to say!!! You have come an AMAZINGLY long way . And there are a LOT of people here who will be able to chime in, and relate,.... especially if you share some more about what in particular is driving your feelings right now.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-30-11, 20:43

Plan: Any low-carb
Stats: 280/270/185 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonLady
... My mind keeps messing up my LC lifestyle.. it's driving me nuts.

..Tell me I'm not the only one in this

Dude, I suspect 99% of us on this forum are here because our minds mess up our feeding behaviour. Why else would we be on a self-help nutrition forum? No one forced us to be this way, we did it to ourselves...

YOu are not alone.

But eat food !!!! Do the paleo thing... but eat food, or else you will digest your muscles and internal organs. Being fat is one thing, but eating your inside is another ball park.

EAT protein !!!