Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, May-23-24, 07:38

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
I hate re-branding. "Lean Cuisine" isn't getting enough clicks and sales anymore? "Let's tweak it a bit, rename it and re-launch it."

"Vital Pursuit" has to be the weirdest, most awkward food product brand name I've ever heard. If you asked me to guess what product "Vital Pursuit" brand is, I'd guess maybe hunting equipment, military/police something-or-other... you might have wanted to focus-group this one, guys.

So, nice press release, but they're basically admitting their meals sucked. If they're only now trying to prioritize protein, fiber and nutrients, that means they weren't before. Thanks, jerks. 😒

Don't hold back - tell us how you really feel about these new diet meals!

About the protein content, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there's even less protein in them than in the Lean Cuisines - I mean the RDA for protein keeps dropping, so it won't take much to be able to label it as high protein... probably even less protein than a Lean Cuisine.

The name is pretty stupid sounding, but I figured that Vital Pursuit must be referring to all the vitality you're convinced you'll have when you reach your goal weight from the GLP-1 drugs - and goal weight is what you're pursuing. And somehow these itty-bitty meals will have enough protein in them to prevent the muscle loss associated with the drugs.

Weird name for diet meals though - sounds more like it should be a trade name for the drugs themselves. So yeah, surely they could have come up with something better, even if it was condescending and utterly stupid too.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, May-23-24, 13:00

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

PT Barnum is often cited as saying, “There's a sucker born every minute” (or something like that).

For those of us who know that with every drug, comes a side effect, most of which are undesirable — we will abstain unless absolutely necessary, and all else fails.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, May-24-24, 03:03

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

It might not even be that someone is incapable of critical/independent thinking. If they are not mature about their emotional regulation, and aware of how this affects their decision making.

Especially when there is so much disordered eating, used as a coping mechanism, and the big mistake is not developing more variety of coping strategies. A book about treating addictions once emphasized how much addictions simplify the addict's life. But it also infantilizes, trapping them from even forming the idea of changing their behaviors.

Whatever people need to give them the space to grow up, that's what will work. Getting the great feedback from my body about lowering carbs kept me on plan, or got me back on plan.

"Feeling mentally and physically better" became my new coping skill, to replace the "goodies plan" which was all young me could come up with.

I grew up. I can do better. Which is how I did.