Old Sat, Jun-18-16, 20:43

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
Hi ALL!!!

I just wanted to let you all know that I am in love!

yes, it's true.

I have found true love.

His name is Pressure Cooker XL.

I met him at Costco...

I was in a fizzling relationship with my previous love, Crock Pot...

At first, they seemed similar, but oh no!

Crock Pot is a nice enough appliance, but, when you work full time, the idea of coming home to dinner that is COOKED is really appealing. Only, EVERY time I would try to cook food in CP while I was at work, we would come home to very dry meat.

Not with PCXL! PCXL. What an appliance! I come home. I put a FROZEN SOLID brick of meat and some salt into this thing and press ->Soup/Stew-> Time Adjustment 50 minutes -> and then... LESS THAN AN HOUR LATER: The MOST tender meat EVER!!!! beef, chicken, pork... whatever!!!

I am a HUGE fan of steak! I have always kinda hated "stewed meat" because it is typically tough, dry and over cooked to an unappealing grey colour.

Now, we buy 4-6 "chuck steaks" (they contain good amount of fat, and are as cheap as stew meat) a week. and we eat them joyously! The meat is really unbelievably tender cooked this way! I can't even believe it, and we've been using it multiple times a week for months and I remain impressed every time!

It really doesn't get any easier. I don't have to rememeber to "pre-thaw" the meat for the next night's dinner... I come home, plug it in, put in the meat, add salt, close the lid, press the button and in under an hour, we eat!

...Just wanted to share bc sometimes all the cooking for this WOL seems like so much work.. and the cost of steaks is high! SO, this reduces PRICE and EFFORT.

yay!

jams

Not quite sure I understand. You are a "huge" fan of steak, but now you are cooking up pot roasts in the pressure cooker. I don't see the connection. I am also a fan of steaks & rare oven roasts. Pot roast and stew are also nice, in their way, but the one doesn't, in any way, in my mind, correspond to the other. Am I missing something? I can see the attraction of speed, and not having to remember to take something out of the freezer, but I'm not so fond of pot roast or stew that I really see the attraction. But then, I am retired, and only cooking for two, and have time, so that may be the reason. My "speedy" protein choices when I haven't thought ahead are shrimp - which defrost reasonably quickly in a bowl of water - or ground meat or fish fillets, which takes rather longer, but goes fairly quickly when the frozen packet is placed on a metal surface (cast iron or stainless steel frying pan, or heavy metal cookie sheet, or something similar); acts like a heat exchanger, and thaws the meat in maybe half the time of just leaving it on the counter. Not to denigrate your new love (and wishing you many congratulations, and a happy life together!), but of the several kitchen gadgets which I don't yet own, this one seems rather low on the list for my particular needs.