Thread: after you cheat
View Single Post
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Apr-13-05, 10:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/184/165 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 56%
Thumbs down I cheated for four months!!!!!

I was doing so well. Over two years on Atkins. I fended off snoopy relatives who worried every time I took my sandwich out of the bun and made a big deal about it at the table. I ended a long bout with heartburn and plantar fascitis. I had lost about 40 pounds. Then, as I was trying to find my ACE balance, I regained 5 pounds. Then, we had two family members critically ill. I remember the exact moment in the buffet line after my aunt's funeral, one week before Christmas. I was so tired of denying myself during the holidays, and during so stressful a time. I was also drinking too much wine. So, I regained 20 of the hard-lost pounds in the four months. I am so bummed.

I am back on induction. I feel fine. I don't miss the wine at all, and after one more surgery for my little nephew, and a trip to University Hospitals at five in the morning, I stayed on it. I have to learn not to indulge myself during stress. I do miss candy, and chocolate. The maltitol and sorbitol candies kill my stomach, and make me have unpleasant noises. However, I will just avoid these kinds of things. Wish me luck!