View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-18, 06:38

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Thanks Janet for the endorsement on my somewhat unorthodox method when it comes to blood tests. I figure that if I am eating according to what I have figured out works for me, that is keeps my weight stable and in an acceptable range, then there's no reason to consult a doctor or get my blood tested. If I had had cancer I would see an oncologist at the prescribed intervals and do the recommended testing but since all seems well I see no need to get a bunch of blood testing done. What I told my doctor is that since I don't plan to change the way I eat or to take prescription drugs without clear evidence of the need, there is no reason to get blood testing done. I suspect she doesn't completely agree with me but she knows I'm firm in this regard and she can't argue with my success. I'm turning 70 next month. My decade+ abstention from blood tests, apart from the testing I have done myself on occasion for bg and Hba1c and vitamin D, does not seem to have done me any harm and maybe has saved me from the iatrogenic effects of doctor suggested treatment.