#151   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-12, 04:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/165.2/125 Female 5'2"
BF:48%/38%/25%
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iseethesun
Hello all Thank you so much for this thread! I have never understood the importance of fat when doing low carb diets until I read this! I have added two tbspoon of olive oil to my two scrambled eggs this morning! Hop eI am doing it right, but my question is... how do you know your percentage? I saw people saying they eat 70% fat 25% Protein and 5% carbs. How do I know how many percent of fat I eat? Is there a counter online somewhere?

Hi there! You can use any nutritional counter online - I choose to use the "My P.L.A.N." counter here on the site (you'll see the yellow text on the green bar above this forum) - enter your foods as accurately as you can and it will let you know what your percentages are.

Another way to get easy fat in is to eat a tablespoon of coconut oil - it's solid below 23C/73F, tasteless and odourless, and you can swallow it down or add it to salads the way you would any other oil.

Don't forget about the awesomest low carb foods of all: macadamia nuts (which are expensive, I know - but 1 oz is 200 calories and a WHACK of fat, plus a bit of fibre and protein) and avocadoes - which have fantastic levels of fat as well as fibre and vitamins and all the good stuff that comes with fruit.

Best of luck in your journey!!
Sponsored Links