#25   ^
Old Mon, Nov-16-09, 09:17

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
I don't give a rat's behind about what Kitavans or Inuit ate. They didn't trash their gut with high-fructose corn syrup and gluten like I did for the first 25 years of my life, so all bets are off. For the same reason, I don't trust an unsupplemented meat and water diet to have sufficient nutrients for people like me with dubious absorption. It's all a big experiment. That's fine, but I won't be arguing that it's superior.

That's pretty much where I'm at too.

Quote:
So I've been sticking with "condiment" veggies: onions and celery for cooking, whatever trace veggies are in my curry paste, etc. (Yes, I know there are peppers in it...)

That's it: vegetables are condiments. A little salad on my hamburger, a little sauerkraut on my porkchop, salt and pepper on my steak, a squeeze of lemon in my chicken-fat mayonnaise. That pretty much covers it. Even stuff I used to be all right with like broccoli seems to mess up my stomach now.

I can relate to how hard it is to give up nightshades completely. I was never convinced that I had to go to zero with them like I did with gluten, but I eventually did it anyway. When I learned that Szechuan peppercorns were used to make Asian food spicy before Columbus introduced chili peppers to the world, I started using them instead. My last big breakthrough was giving up onions and garlic. I'm still trying to figure out how to make a good kimchi without any of the above.