View Single Post
  #1163   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-19, 18:26

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Enjoying the reading! My life has been in a funk since my house fire and death of my son last August but I’ve decided it’s time to take my life back. Since I have only limited cooking facilities in my temporary housing (a microwave and a small toaster oven) my eating has not been the best-lots of take-out and fast foods! I had to see the doctor last week for a strained Achilles’ tendon, and was surprised to find my weight was only up five pounds after about seven months of lots of junk, so now trying to get back to the good side. Since I was fasting at the time I saw the doctor she decided to do a blood test as well. I’ve asked for a copy of the results which I haven’t gotten yet but they had an administrative clerk call me to just say the doctor wanted me to lose weight (of course, no surprise), go on a low-fat plant-based diet (never gonna happen!) and would I consider going on a statin? (Never in this lifetime I told her). But it did prompt me to re-read a bunch of Fung. I lent my copies of The Obesity Code and The Complete Guide to Fasting to my son a few months before he died and he never got them back to me, and my DiL is not sure where they are. So I re-read The Diabetes Code which doesn’t have as much fastin info as I would like. But I did like the eating charts incorporating 30 or 36 hour fasts several days a week. The one time in the past when I did lose significant weight was a time when I didn’t fast (that was really on no ones radar in 1985) but did constantly shake up my caloric intake, eating 800 calories one day and 2100 the next, and maybe 1500 the third day, etc. I had no scientific reason why. I just had this gut feel that changing up the numbers would keep my body guessing and possibly prevent starvation mode. Unfortunately, being it was 1985, I also ate very low fat, and was so miserable all the time that despite my great success I eventually decided I’d rather weigh 300 pounds than eat like that for one more day!

So anyway I do have access to a scale now. I fasted all day Friday and then ate three large Keto meals on Saturday, and today the scale was down three pounds. Still a couple more just to get back to where I was in August but hey, it’s a start.