View Single Post
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 12:42

Plan: moderate - BFing
Stats: 247.5/195/150 Female 66 inches
BF:preg/curr/goal
Progress: 54%

"On the other hand, I recall sitting on a therapist's couch many years ago as she asked me why I participated in so many self-destructive behaviors like smoking, drinking, eating junk, not
exercising, etc"

Ummm...because they're fun to do? And avoiding them, finding something else to fill their places, is not so fun to do? That's what I would have told her. I did not start eating junk to be self-destructive. And I was never very active... I always preferred reading or other non-active things. It wasn't like I set to destroy myself. People (usually) don't start smoking or drinking to destroy themselves.

I do have one psychological issue with food. I always want more than I need. I always feel deprived taking what would be considered a normal serving. If I go to the store or a restaurant, I feel a rush of what might be considered giddiness (sp?) when I see the selection set before me. I don't know why this is, but it has always been that way. I remember being young and going into the convenience store in town (which didn't happen often) and seeing the expansive array of candies and doughnuts. I wanted to get all I could. And the very act of buying them was exciting for me. Then the 'having' turned into 'consuming' and voila! binging. I want it all, now. *sigh*