Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 126/123/115 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiToxicity
Hey,

This thread is for all those females that have succeeded in weighing below 125lbs . I'd like to ask how you got there and what kind of diet you followed (carb +calorie wise) as well as excercise rutine. I'm 5'2'' and weight about 130 lbs. I have a history of anorexia and i'm not willing to go through that again so I'd really appreciate some sound advice with regards to proper dieting . Thanks :-D.

Hey, I understand where you're coming from--I've just "recovered" from my ED of over two years.

I'm 5'6 and my weight is usually between 120-125, less when I restrict calories.

Fasting helps a lot, but if you have a history of anorexia you may not want to get into that again.

For workouts, I do yoga everyday and lift light weights twice a week. I also do cardio (circuit training and soccer) 2-3 times a week. Personally, the more strenuous of a workout I do, the more I eat afterward, so I've learned to tone down my workouts to the point where I can still improve my health from them, but not overdo them to the point where I come home and binge. Usually just doing half an hour is fine, but when I get up to 45-60 minutes, then the eating sets in.

And for diet--well, the less I eat the less I weigh, but I know for a lot of people that really slows their metabolism and doesn't work in the long run. I find that if I don't eat late at night it helps a lot. That's the time when I tend to eat the most food, so cutting that out helps me lose a few pounds in just a week or two. Eating past 8 or 9 at night also gives me insomnia. I know some people here do intermittent fasting, or IF, which I believe means that you only eat from around 12p.m.-6p.m., so that's something to try as well, and may not trigger your anorexic tendencies since it's within a set time period.

And for carbs/food choices...the diet that works best for ME is:

-No grains/flours (bread, pasta, rice, etc...though a couple slices of bread a week should be fine, if you really want it)

-No sugar/sweets (candy, cake, pie, cookies, honey, maple syrup, agave nectar, etc. I use stevia if I want to sweeten something)

-No dairy except a bit of raw cheese and maybe cultured butter ("normal" dairy, as in pasteurized dairy, usually makes me mucus-y and is addicting for a lot of people)

-Minimal/no nuts (nuts and nut butter is so addicting for me!)

-No legumes (beans, peas, cashews, peanuts, etc.)

-Yes veggies (lettuce and carrots are my favorites, and about the only ones I eat)

-Yes fruits, depending (the only fruit I really like--and yes, they are technically fruit--is tomatoes and avocados. Berries are ok, but try to avoid high-sugar fruits, such as dates, bananas, mangoes, etc.)

-Yes raw cheese (Trader Joe's has a wide variety of raw cheeses for pretty cheap)

-Yes seafood and meat (I've been a vegetarian for a long time, so I can't really do meat yet, but seafood is fine. Just try to get your animal products from humane farms, or from fishers who catch humanely)

I hope this helps...I'd really recommend staying away from too much cheese and dairy, unless it's raw. Since I don't eat meat yet, when I first started low carb I ate lots of poor-quality dairy, and let's just say that going to the bathroom was NOT a pleasant experience! I used to eat just a piece of buttered toast for breakfast every morning, and for some reason that coincided with the times I lost the most weight, so I don't really know what to make of that. If you can keep the rest of your carbs during the day low, then I think that would be fine.

Good luck!!