View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-06-20, 15:10

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

There are a lot of folks around doing carnivore, or close to carnivore. Check out this long-running thread:
https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=483093

I'm not 100% carnivore but fairly close. A shame you are sensitive to so many carnivore items like beef, dairy protein, egg whites, etc. It does make it a bit limiting.

But heck, you can have BACON! What's not to like about bacon? I'm not beef intolerant but just not crazy about it in general, though I do like ground beef and have that fairly often. I'm not super wild about chicken but I do like chicken salad. I just finished off some great chicken salad from Chicken Salad Chick, a mainly southern US chain.

I'm currently self-isolating due to the Coronavirus outbreak, so carnivore is a pretty good deal right now. I have lots of meat, both canned and in the freezer, so no need to go shopping for quite some time. I haven't been to a store in about a month, and don't want to go if I can help it.

I've seen a bunch of people posting here and there that they are doing their best to self-isolate but they have to run out to the store because they need fresh produce. Me? I'm not eating any fresh produce so that's not a reason for me!

I can understand enjoying occasional seasonal fruit though. I wonder where your oranges come from? I'm in Florida but it's long past the season for oranges here, which generally are at their peak in the November-February timeframe. Any possible stragglers still around wouldn't be so great anymore, probably kept in cold storage somewhere as opposed to being really fresh.

Haha, I just looked at your stats and see you are from Kamloops. I have a good friend who lives in Kamloops. We chat together online (along with another friend or two) almost every night. I was in Kamloops myself once, but that was MANY MANY years ago! Haha, more years than I care to admit.