View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-01-07, 14:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 445/305/220 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 62%

I'll just x-post this from my journal, and start using this to document these kinds of things more than the journal.

I managed to jog a full mile straight today! That was my goal for the year, and I got there February 1st. It's pretty awesome because (1) it's very likely that I've never done that before in my life, (2) if I have done it before it hasn't been since I was 11 or 12 years old, and (3) I *certainly* never did a mile in 10 minutes before in my life, which is what I did today (I did the full mile at 6 mph). Also, I beat my previous 4 mile mark when I completed that in 47:34 today. The rest of the time I used the same method as before, alternating between walking and jogging. Of the 4 miles, over 2 were done jogging (either 2 1/4 or 2 1/2, I lost track...). I did most of the walking at 4 mph, some of it at 4.2 or 4.3. I did most of the jogging at 6 mph, some of it at 6.3 and a couple of small bursts (.10 miles or less) at 7 mph.

At any rate, I'm really pleased with that.

So now I'm about up to par with where I want to be, working-out wise. I want to maintain with the kettlebell at 4-5 sets of 10 at 53 lbs until that becomes easy to do, and I want to try and jog a mile of 4 miles total on a regular basis. It's not really like me to stay in one place, but I think it would be good to get these things down before moving up at either of them, as they're both still REALLY hard for me at this point. If/when they get easy I'll think about what to do next.

-j.