View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-08, 23:52

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%
Question chicken with pancetta and olives

this recipe turned out very good, but I had a little problem with the chicken. My bird was smaller than the recipe called for (2-3/4 lbs.) I also had the butcher split the bird in half. Because the bird was small, I roasted it 35 min. instead of 45 min. on the back, and then 45 min breast side up. the skin was not brown, and it didn't look done, so I put it back in for another 15 min. At this point the skin was acceptably brown (but not as brown as I'd like it) and I was afraid to keep it in the oven any longer, so I pulled it out and let it rest for 10 min before carving. It was done but a little tough.

Where did I go wrong? How do I get the bird cooked and the skin crisped without over cooking? Should I have followed the times for the recipe despite the smaller size of the bird? I used the temperature specified, but I suspect my oven of being a little slow.

Also, what's the difference between pancetta and bacon? I did get the pancetta, but had to go to a three different stores to find it. Thanks.

thanks for your help. The recipe was very good despite my inexpert application.
Sponsored Links