View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-14, 16:09

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Thanks so much to both of you!

I am not looking to have him go ZC by any means, or even low-carb by my own definition, but rather, to take starches out as much as possible. I'd love to have them gone completely, to be honest.

I may try the LC tortillas - I had those before I went completely wheat-free and they were delicious.

He is on a constant cycle of being starving. He wants to eat EVERY MINUTE. He probably eats every hour or so, sometimes he stretches it out to every hour and a half. I told my husband in horror at one point that it's like having a newborn infant who needs to feed every 90 minutes.

He can not control himself and I recognize that constant hunger (though I simply denied myself at his age to be "skinny"). He can't stop eating. I feel helpless. If I go to the bathroom he RUNS to the kitchen to sneak more food. If I leave to, say, make the beds, into the kitchen he runs again. Sometimes as I re-enter the room he skitters away from me fast to another room with his hands in front of him, hiding food. Then he goes and wolfs it down. He just can't stop. And yes, I've had him tested for diabetes - and about a billion other things. He may be hypothyroid (I am, so was my mother and so is my husband's father); the endocrinologist can not see us until September.

And no, it's not a growth spurt. He has grown actually at a slower rate, having gone from the 50th percentile in height last year to the 25th today.

His father and I are both morbidly obese - though we didn't "achieve" that dishonor until, for him, his early 30s and for me, my late 30s. He's only 11 and already firmly in the obese category. He is going to be morbidly obese by high school at this rate. I feel helpless.

Our littlest son is now the only non-overweight person in our nuclear family. But this son (the obese one) was UNDERweight at our youngest son's age. We are ALL going to be fat and sick if I don't put the brakes on, NOW.

I told my husband I am putting my foot down, all "his" foods (juice, why juice??? Who the hell needs juice? We have always argued over that one), chips, ice cream, breads out the yin-yang. OUT OUT OUT.

I don't care if he thinks I'm a b*tch. I'm saving my sons' lives. If he doesn't care that he looks nine months pregnant, that we are repellant to each other, and that we are both pre-D, that's fine. He doesn't care. But when it comes to our kids...*I* care and no matter how much he whines, the food is GOING OUT.

Sorry. Just feeling emotional over this today. My husband and I have fought for 11 years over these issues and he has guilted me every time. Well, he eats out EVERY day at lunch, spends a full 12 hours EVERY day without us to eat whatever the hell he wants, then he's home with the kids for what, an hour? - before they go to bed, then he can go out to the garage and eat his junk all he wants so WHERE IS THIS RESTRICTION he keeps whining and mewling about?

I have just had it. Thanks for listening.