#10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-19, 16:46

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
I love the pics and the snake method for a brisket but I'm really cautious about the possibilities of higher levels of bacteria in chicken and also ground beef so I would not stack them on top of the beef to drip. I like direct heat at a level that will kill bacteria in chicken and ground beef so I would do them separately.

I did an oven roasted rib roast at x-mas and cooked low and slow after inserting garlic at several places and seasoning it well. It was the best thing I've ever had.

Oh and about what he said concerning salt, don't use too much, I've heard just the opposite. On the Rib Roast I salted it, seasoned it and inserted the garlic and let it sit overnight in the fridge before cooking.

You know, I thought about that, but I guess if you're going to be smoking that brisket for 10 hours, 1.5 hours at 225F would be sufficient to kill any bacteria in/on the burgers, ditto cooking the chicken at the same temp. for 2.5 hours. And then you're going to be cooking that brisket for another 6 hours at 225F after the chicken comes out.

It seems kind of gluttonous to have all three meats at one meal, though. Ten pounds of brisket feeds a LOT of people if you include some side dishes. No offense to YOU, OP, only you can know how much you need to feed X number of folks. But if I were hosting, I would be making the brisket and probably asking some folks to bring their favorite sides.